Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Standard Sata Ahci Controller stopped working

    Hello,

    I have Windows 10 x64 version 1809.The last days I noticed in device management,at IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers,the the Standard Sata ahci controller don't work.In properties it says tha the device cannot start(code 10). The problem encountered a few days ago after installing the update KB4497934.If uninstall this update,the controller is working normally.From version 1809 i updated to 1903 and the problem reappeared.I installed the drivers from the page the motherboard, but the problem remains.I have one more controller the Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Familu Sata Ahci Controller that is working normally.The system is running without any problems.

    My motherboard is Asus Formula XI z390.

    I think that the latest microsoft updates caused this problem.
    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.305 )
    MotherboardAsus motherboard
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294
    MonitorLcd monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    Casefrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek with ice sound
    OS Windows 10 64bit 1809 build no 17763.503
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    118

    yes . don't install that update again. wait for the fix.
    or else go to fresh installation of 1903.
    before install, backup all datas

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Processori7 8700K
    Memory (part number)HX433C16PB3K4/32
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorLG 34UC89G
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Black Widow Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X53

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    51

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgegr View Post
    Hello,

    The problem encountered a few days ago after installing the update KB4497934.If uninstall this update,the controller is working normally.From version 1809 i updated to 1903 and the problem reappeared.I installed the drivers from the page the motherboard, but the problem remains.I have one more controller the Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Familu Sata Ahci Controller that is working normally.The system is running without any problems.

    My motherboard is Asus Formula XI z390.
    I am not sure why folks with 1809 were getting different versions of that CU. The one I got was KB4497935 on all of my systems. But my Series 300 SATA controller is working normally. The standard one is one Windows will install, so have you tried uninstalling it? Is there something that needs that controller on your system?

    I have a Z370 board and the update, except for the USB problem, worked normally .

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    I am not sure why folks with 1809 were getting different versions of that CU. The one I got was KB4497935 on all of my systems. But my Series 300 SATA controller is working normally. The standard one is one Windows will install, so have you tried uninstalling it? Is there something that needs that controller on your system?

    I have a Z370 board and the update, except for the USB problem, worked normally .
    I have tried to uninstall that controller but when I restart the pc it appears again.

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Processori7 8700K
    Memory (part number)HX433C16PB3K4/32
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorLG 34UC89G
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Black Widow Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X53

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    51

    I suppose my next question would be what drive configuration do you really have? Are the M.2 ports populated and with what?

    Are the normal SATA ports occupied and which ones and with what? If you were running an M.2 NVMe drive with an M.2 port set as SATA, it might cause such problems.

    You are showing nothing in the Device Manager as Unknown?

    I don't see anything in the Update's description that might cause such a problem, but a new Servicing Stack was installed. Since it was working before, something must have changed.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    I suppose my next question would be what drive configuration do you really have? Are the M.2 ports populated and with what?

    Are the normal SATA ports occupied and which ones and with what? If you were running an M.2 NVMe drive with an M.2 port set as SATA, it might cause such problems.

    You are showing nothing in the Device Manager as Unknown?

    I don't see anything in the Update's description that might cause such a problem, but a new Servicing Stack was installed. Since it was working before, something must have changed.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachmen...&thumb=1&stc=1

    Nothing is showing as unknown in device manager.I have a M2 NVMe ssd running as PCIe Gen 3x4 interface
    Also I have one more ssd in sata port,3 Hard Disks on sata ports and one Blu Ray Recorder on sata.It remains one sata port that is free.
    I run this configuration without any problem the last 5 months.The last 7-10 days this problem appeared.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 10.jpg  


  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Finally I managed to solve the problem.
    The problem was a combination of the alcohol program and the KB4497934 update.After I uninstalled alcohol all work ok.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •