cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Sata Ahci Controller stopped working

Georgegr
Level 7
Hello,

I have Windows 10 x64 version 1809.The last days I noticed in device management,at IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers,the the Standard Sata ahci controller don't work.In properties it says tha the device cannot start(code 10). The problem encountered a few days ago after installing the update KB4497934.If uninstall this update,the controller is working normally.From version 1809 i updated to 1903 and the problem reappeared.I installed the drivers from the page the motherboard, but the problem remains.I have one more controller the Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Familu Sata Ahci Controller that is working normally.The system is running without any problems.

My motherboard is Asus Formula XI z390.

I think that the latest microsoft updates caused this problem.
Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

raju2529
Level 7
yes . don't install that update again. wait for the fix.
or else go to fresh installation of 1903.
before install, backup all datas
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Saltgrass
Level 13
Georgegr wrote:
Hello,

The problem encountered a few days ago after installing the update KB4497934.If uninstall this update,the controller is working normally.From version 1809 i updated to 1903 and the problem reappeared.I installed the drivers from the page the motherboard, but the problem remains.I have one more controller the Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Familu Sata Ahci Controller that is working normally.The system is running without any problems.

My motherboard is Asus Formula XI z390.

I am not sure why folks with 1809 were getting different versions of that CU. The one I got was KB4497935 on all of my systems. But my Series 300 SATA controller is working normally. The standard one is one Windows will install, so have you tried uninstalling it? Is there something that needs that controller on your system?

I have a Z370 board and the update, except for the USB problem, worked normally .
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I am not sure why folks with 1809 were getting different versions of that CU. The one I got was KB4497935 on all of my systems. But my Series 300 SATA controller is working normally. The standard one is one Windows will install, so have you tried uninstalling it? Is there something that needs that controller on your system?

I have a Z370 board and the update, except for the USB problem, worked normally .

I have tried to uninstall that controller but when I restart the pc it appears again.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I suppose my next question would be what drive configuration do you really have? Are the M.2 ports populated and with what?

Are the normal SATA ports occupied and which ones and with what? If you were running an M.2 NVMe drive with an M.2 port set as SATA, it might cause such problems.

You are showing nothing in the Device Manager as Unknown?

I don't see anything in the Update's description that might cause such a problem, but a new Servicing Stack was installed. Since it was working before, something must have changed.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I suppose my next question would be what drive configuration do you really have? Are the M.2 ports populated and with what?

Are the normal SATA ports occupied and which ones and with what? If you were running an M.2 NVMe drive with an M.2 port set as SATA, it might cause such problems.

You are showing nothing in the Device Manager as Unknown?

I don't see anything in the Update's description that might cause such a problem, but a new Servicing Stack was installed. Since it was working before, something must have changed.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80555&d=1559574646&thumb=1&stc=1

Nothing is showing as unknown in device manager.I have a M2 NVMe ssd running as PCIe Gen 3x4 interface
Also I have one more ssd in sata port,3 Hard Disks on sata ports and one Blu Ray Recorder on sata.It remains one sata port that is free.
I run this configuration without any problem the last 5 months.The last 7-10 days this problem appeared.

Finally I managed to solve the problem.
The problem was a combination of the alcohol program and the KB4497934 update.After I uninstalled alcohol all work ok.