cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JY problem with USB slots using my iPhone

Vastus9001
Level 7
So apparently I spent over $1,500 on this laptop and now no matter what usb slot i use it wont detect my iPhone. I can plug my wireless mouse receiver into any of the slots and they work fine but when I want to plug my iPhone in, it doesn't work at all. Anyone have any idea what's happening? I feel like it's sad that this beast of a laptop can't even detect my iPhone.
"I've always thought to myself, at what point did I come into consciousness? When did I start the act of "remembering?" Am I even really alive? Is death real in the sense that I cease to exist?"

I also love PC gaming and learning about graphics technologies.
1 REPLY 1

bazzarooney
Level 9
Vastus9001 wrote:
So apparently I spent over $1,500 on this laptop and now no matter what usb slot i use it wont detect my iPhone. I can plug my wireless mouse receiver into any of the slots and they work fine but when I want to plug my iPhone in, it doesn't work at all. Anyone have any idea what's happening? I feel like it's sad that this beast of a laptop can't even detect my iPhone.

First off, have you installed itunes? iTunes installs the iphone device drivers.

If iTunes is installed then try a different cable, the cable that apple ships would be the best. I have several cables that will charge but not sync

If itunes is installed and cable is good then try deleting the usb root hubs in device manager, this is my goto fix for USB deviuces not being recognized.