cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GW crashes after Bios Update

coleon
Level 7
I have my computer for about a week. Everythingworking, until today, that windows updated my bios from 300 to 302, and everything went south.
First, it dissapeared NVIDIA control center, then trying to fix Nvidia drivers, i unistalled, and re-installed NVIDIA drivers. Then my computer began to freeze, and i couldn´t back up any of my data. The it didn´t even started. Right to BSOD.
Automatic repair, every time a started my laptop, went unable to detect error. No posibility to start on safe mode, not even linux, to try to salvage my documents.
Tryied restoring Bios 300, and it went ok, but windows dindn´t work anymore.
Now i have two questions. Is this a cause to ask a replacement of the machine?
Second, i contacted the technical service through the oficial asus.com and they told me sorry for the inconvenience, but if you want to get the ISO to restore everything from factory setup, you´ll have to pay 50 dlrs.
Now i have formatted everything. It´s working, BUT i don´t have light on my keyboard, and a lot of software, are detected by windows as potencial harmful.
So i have a working windows laptop, but with half of the feature.
5 REPLIES 5

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Download the necessary drivers and software from the Asus support page. Install only what's important. Avoid installing junk you will never use.
For the keyboard backlight and function keys you'll need to install ATK package.

I upgraded my BIOS now, and I've got no problems.

Thanks for the quick answer, but i got two problems, i can´t find the ATK driver, and the second, i can´t install all the drivers, UAC pops up and i can´t deactivate it.

I think the keyboard is the only thing that left to get the laptop fully operational.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Download the necessary drivers and software from the Asus support page. Install only what's important. Avoid installing junk you will never use.
For the keyboard backlight and function keys you'll need to install ATK package.

you can install any asus model laptop atk software.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Disable UAC in the control panel.