cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC and Windows 10 1903

ThomasMu
Level 7
Can anyone confirm that the new 1903 version of Windows 10 messes with overclocking again?.

I have a X99 gaming with a i7 6800K and the last version Windows (1803) disabled overclocking in the BIOS, this was fixed with the 1903 BIOS but it took Asus a very long time to release the fixed BIOS.

I have not yet received the the 1903 version of Windows via the updater and want to postpone the update if it messes with overclocking again.
14 REPLIES 14

raju2529
Level 7
I don't have your computer. but I would recommend you not to overclock. keep as factory settings

Might 1903 will work on your motherboard
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
I don't have your computer. but I would recommend you not to overclock. keep as factory settings

Might 1903 will work on your motherboard

If i wanted to run the CPU at stock speed i would have bought a CPU without the K in the name, the whole point with the K CPU is the ability to overclock. It has been running stable with a 4.0GHz overclock for 3 years.

PipJones
Level 8
ThomasMu wrote:
Can anyone confirm that the new 1903 version of Windows 10 messes with overclocking again?.

I have a X99 gaming with a i7 6800K and the last version Windows (1803) disabled overclocking in the BIOS, this was fixed with the 1903 BIOS but it took Asus a very long time to release the fixed BIOS.

I have not yet received the the 1903 version of Windows via the updater and want to postpone the update if it messes with overclocking again.

Yes, I believe it does. It did on my machine and I have seen reports elsewhere.

Solution is relatively simple:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111038-Windows-10-1903-kill-my-overclock-Again-echt-!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PipJones wrote:
Yes, I believe it does. It did on my machine and I have seen reports elsewhere.

Solution is relatively simple:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111038-Windows-10-1903-kill-my-overclock-Again-echt-!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wont rename the mcupdate_genuineintel.dll file, after the 1809 version of Windows messed with the OC the last time i used Intel`s XTU to overclock. That worked just fine and i think that is a better solution than messing around with the mcupdate_genuineintel.dll file.

CMDRZOD
Level 7
I updated my BIOS to the latest microcode provided by Intel in May 2019. After doing this and updating to 1903, I have no issues with my OC. Maybe this is another option?

CMDRZOD wrote:
I updated my BIOS to the latest microcode provided by Intel in May 2019. After doing this and updating to 1903, I have no issues with my OC. Maybe this is another option?

I'm guessing that's it since the asus x99 bios's were last updated on 12/2018. My support inquiry responded on friday saying that they needed to update the bios as well.

edit:
yup updated to microcode update from 5/14 via https://github.com/intel/Intel-Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-Files and my OC is working with W10 1903 and bios 1903.

edit2:
Support has released a new bios for Asus Deluxe II v.2001. You can get it by contacting Asus support.

PipJones
Level 8
I raised a support ticket.

It took a little bit of form filling and e-mail exchange, but, it has now been passed to engineering. I have been promised an update within 48 hours.

If anyone with the issue would like to wait a while, it would be good to see if the promised new BIOS fixes the issue without any other changes.

I will post an update here if / when i get a response.

p.s.

If engineering are reading this thread - please post the BIOS here for all of us! Cut out the middle man.

PipJones wrote:
I raised a support ticket.

It took a little bit of form filling and e-mail exchange, but, it has now been passed to engineering. I have been promised an update within 48 hours.

If anyone with the issue would like to wait a while, it would be good to see if the promised new BIOS fixes the issue without any other changes.

I will post an update here if / when i get a response.

p.s.

If engineering are reading this thread - please post the BIOS here for all of us! Cut out the middle man.

this is the file support sent to me if your still waiting.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By420Zf1WLUFZHJZQkUtQmhKODIzaEp2Vk9xVlB6MW1iMzJB/view?usp=sharing

WeedsLD
Level 7
ThomasMu wrote:

any news. about new bios?