Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    The "most recent version" problem can easily be fixed by including two different links, one with the latest driver and one with the 100% stable one. You can easily label them "stable" and "latest", and you might even include a clickable question mark or similar that shows a box that explains what the differences are.
    Sometimes "the most recent" driver doesn't accomplish anything and there's nothing to be gained by updating a driver that's already doing what it's supposed to do. Other than the nVidia VGA drivers for those that are gamers and benchmarkers, most of the time "new" drivers add only new product compatibility.

But I totally agree that glitchy drivers, such as the previous Atheros WLAN driver, shouldn't take months and months to be updated on the official drivers page.
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Symho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JRd1st View Post
    Sometimes "the most recent" driver doesn't accomplish anything and there's nothing to be gained by updating a driver that's already doing what it's supposed to do. Other than the nVidia VGA drivers for those that are gamers and benchmarkers, most of the time "new" drivers add only new product compatibility.

But I totally agree that glitchy drivers, such as the previous Atheros WLAN driver, shouldn't take months and months to be updated on the official drivers page.
    Asus Live update ver. 3.03 doesn't view the new drivers Atheros!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by JRd1st View Post
    Good to see you, JR! I agree 100% with your comment. I think sometimes there's an assumption that the "latest" drivers are somehow "better," but that's seldom the case. On an already stable system, they're usually not needed and offer no benefit for most owners.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by AQUASTEVAE View Post
    i think that a company the size of asus, should be able to keep up a drivers database. you should list the older drivers that you know have no problems for everybody, but should also list the latest drivers, with a short description of each. i don't understand why that is too much to ask, because other companies do it. with my old hp, i never had a problem going to get drivers that worked, off of their drivers page. never! asus's site, should have a drivers page for each model (that uses different drivers), and they should keep it up to date. they should also put some time and energy into writing BETTER drivers for their products. because it appears to their customers, that they put little to no attention into making sure that they write quality drivers. this is not rocket science. it's just a matter of showing the customer that they care enough to put some resources into taking care of them AFTER THE SALE.
    I admit the short description/better labeling is needed. We do keep a database of our own updates: there's always a full BIOS list for example, but it often depends what we're provided from 3rd parties for drivers. With respect to our own software, some of it could definitely be better I admit, but AI Suite II is getting better with each revision.

We put the entire downloads list for each product on every product page, how is HPs way better?

Quote Originally Posted by Symho View Post
    Sorry Marshall, i don't understand why Asus don't update our drivers!
    May you explain another time?
    Thanks!
    We test every single relevant driver release with our hardware, but if there's a bug the team doesn't update the page. That bug might not affect 90% users but our aim is to have 100% compatibility, not the absolute-most performance at the expense of leaving some people behind.

Those of you who sleep/hibernate your laptops take notice...

^^ This I will pass on thanks!

Live Update issue - OK noted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3