Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Exclamation GL702VM BIOS 310 Update

Apparently, Windows updated my BIOS from 306 (the latest one from ASUS support page) to an unofficial ASUS BIOS to 310. After updating, My SSD is not listed on the Boot option.

Tried rolling back to BIOS 306 and successfully rolled back but Windows keeps on updating my BIOS to 310 every boot. Like every time I open my laptop, ASUS WinFlash Utility keeps on appearing and in order for me to boot directly to Windows, I'll go to BIOS and select Boot Override.

How do I delete this 310 update or even cancel it? It's very annoying every time I boot my laptop. Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

you were lucky to be able to enter to the bios set up with the SSD on, mine just stayed on the rog logo with no way to enter the setup until i unplugged the SSD, this BIOS is bugged, ASUS fix it!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.305 )
    MotherboardAsus motherboard
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294
    MonitorLcd monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    Casefrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek with ice sound
    OS Windows 10 64bit 1809 build no 17763.503
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router

Block the system firmware hardware IDs in group policy to avoid further updating bios file
    downloaded bios firmware files can be stored under

C:\Windows\Firmware\

you delete the folders like {0546a6b9-5c49-5f58-8832-242635768437}

here is the instrucstions how to block driver with step by step in details

https://www.maketecheasier.com/block...ces-windows10/

ROG Junior Member Array

WIndows updated my bios to 310 and it works just fine.
    I don't have an ssd though. Would this cause issues if i were to install a new ssd and do a clean install of windows.

ROG Enthusiast Array

^!$%&*@!@$%

Oh my God, Asus! You don't know how much hell this put me through. Also, calling your tech support was USELESS! All he wanted to do was have me send in my laptop to Asus HQ for an out-of-warranty costly repair when after much troubleshooting on my own accord, I come to find out it's your own bios 310 update that effectively bricks the system!

How. How? HOW?! in the hell can you make such a bad mistake? I mean SATA SSDs are pretty frickin' common now. How can this get past your QA process?! As a working IT professional this just blows my mind. Someone definitely should get fired for this and don't just fire some poor technician or engineer grunt either. I'm talking about upper management. Useless. Pathetic.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kvwilliams View Post
    Oh my God, Asus! You don't know how much hell this put me through. Also, calling your tech support was USELESS! All he wanted to do was have me send in my laptop to Asus HQ for an out-of-warranty costly repair when after much troubleshooting on my own accord, I come to find out it's your own bios 310 update that effectively bricks the system!

How. How? HOW?! in the hell can you make such a bad mistake? I mean SATA SSDs are pretty frickin' common now. How can this get past your QA process?! As a working IT professional this just blows my mind. Someone definitely should get fired for this and don't just fire some poor technician or engineer grunt either. I'm talking about upper management. Useless. Pathetic.
    yeah i lived the hell too, luckly asus chat support in latin america gave me the instructions to roll back the bios so i could fix it easily. i send an email to asus support reporting this buggy bios, i dont think they read this forums. you should do it too.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AFRIKA View Post
    yeah i lived the hell too, luckly asus chat support in latin america gave me the instructions to roll back the bios so i could fix it easily. i send an email to asus support reporting this buggy bios, i dont think they read this forums. you should do it too.
    Done!

They need to take down that bios update from Windows UEFI Update immediately and from their own support download page until this is fixed now. The timing and coincidence of this update pushed to my system made me accidently RMA my perfectly good 1tb Samsung 860 evo SSD. I hadn't even realized my bios updated itself as I walked away after rebooting and came back to my system suck on the Asus screen with no recourse. At the time there was no threads here about this issue so my googling on my phone didn't help. Luckily, before sending my laptop to Asus, I just started trying everything as there wasn't anything to lose anymore at that point, I thought my laptop just died.... pulling the cmos battery, ram, my battery, pulling my m2 drive and finally after pulling my Samsung 860 Evo SSD, I realized I was actually able to access the bios and saw it was somehow 310 instead of 306. Thankfully I still had my old original spindle HDD around and was able to boot back into windows but again these threads weren't a thing yet. At the time the 310 bios wasn't even available on Asus's Support page which left me really confused. I thought it was the SSD. Ugh... Now I have to contact Samsung Support and explain.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kvwilliams View Post
    Done!

They need to take down that bios update from Windows UEFI Update immediately and from their own support download page until this is fixed now. The timing and coincidence of this update pushed to my system made me accidently RMA my perfectly good 1tb Samsung 860 evo SSD. I hadn't even realized my bios updated itself as I walked away after rebooting and came back to my system suck on the Asus screen with no recourse. At the time there was no threads here about this issue so my googling on my phone didn't help. Luckily, before sending my laptop to Asus, I just started trying everything as there wasn't anything to lose anymore at that point, I thought my laptop just died.... pulling the cmos battery, ram, my battery, pulling my m2 drive and finally after pulling my Samsung 860 Evo SSD, I realized I was actually able to access the bios and saw it was somehow 310 instead of 306. Thankfully I still had my old original spindle HDD around and was able to boot back into windows but again these threads weren't a thing yet. At the time the 310 bios wasn't even available on Asus's Support page which left me really confused. I thought it was the SSD. Ugh... Now I have to contact Samsung Support and explain.
    I was Lucky to see the bios flashing after restart, so i knew it was the bios bugged, but as you, i was confused to see that no new bios was posted in the web page. And i saw it was a Windows update because it told me Windows needed to restart and i clicked restart. Just didnt check what it was because Windows never update the. Bios. Now i know it does and that i have to be more careful.

ROG Junior Member Array

Same, I just rebooted my laptop a few days ago and caught the bios update screen! I was like what the hell... Not normal! Same issue M.2 SSD was no recognizable ended up formatting my secondary drive 1tb hdd and installing windows on it just to research what the hell, took me 3 hours to figure out how to roll it back to versioin 306 and block auto update from MS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast