ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array alyraver's Avatar

Flcikering image on Startup and losing signal in BIOS!!

HI all!

Just wandering if someone can help me out!

I have Maximus X Formula, Strix 1080ti, 8700k, Dell S2716dg

Everything has been working perfectly until recently, where the monitor goes blank in BIOS? At first I thought the system had crashed,
    but it isn't crashing its losing signal or something - from the DP cable maybe??

It just happened now when I was in BIOS again, so rather than reset, I hit F10 then enter (ie save changes in BIOS and reset no settings had been changed tho). The Computer then posts and loads straight in to Win 10.

The only other thing I have noticed is when loading into Win 10 the start-up picture flickers or gets lines in it briefly, then all is ok

All drivers up to date, when in Win it appears to be ok, although I have had some random screen flickering

Any ideas!

TIA
    800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans , Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array feedmeink PC Specs
    feedmeink PC Specs
    MotherboardX299 Rampage vi extreme
    ProcessorI9 7980xe
    Memory (part number)Corsair vengeance lpx 4000mhz 32gb (2x16gb)
    Graphics Card #1Ek waterblock vega 56
    Storage #1Samsung 970pro 1tb m.2
    CPU CoolerEk full monoblock
    CaseLian li pc-011 dynamic
    Power SupplyEvga 1200 watt platinum
    OS Windows 10

Possibly your display cord is dying. If you have a spare that you know works, try changing out the display cord and see if it keeps happening.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array alyraver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feedmeink View Post
    Possibly your display cord is dying. If you have a spare that you know works, try changing out the display cord and see if it keeps happening.
    I have just changed the DP cable for a brand new one and also I changed the power cord for the monitor, and have also removed the Cablemod Vertical gpu mount, to eliminate that.

In BIOS it "appears" to be ok now - have not had the screen go blank yet - I will keep testing tho

The only other issue (or appears to be the only issue) is the slight flickering of the screen when Win 10 loads the sartup image (the image not the logo)
    It only flickers momentarily for a couple of seconds but then is perfectly fine after.

Apparently it is the refresh rate of my monitor (144hz) and the fact that it is changing from the default refresh rate that is set by Win on startup to 144hz?

***EDIT ***

Ok so I think the issue of the screen randomly flickering and cutting out in BIOS was to do with the 45degree Cablemod dongle - it appears other users have had the same issue - so my guess it that was causing the random screen flickering black.
    I have removed the entire thing now as I didn't really like it anyway.

So my only issue now is the Win 10 Startup flickering when loading the image?
    Last edited by alyraver; 06-07-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans , Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c

ROG Guru: White Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.305 )
    MotherboardAsus motherboard
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294
    MonitorLcd monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    Casefrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek with ice sound
    OS Windows 10 64bit 1809 build no 17763.503
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router

remove ram modules and clean the contacts and then clean ram slots and then reinsert .
    Do bios reset.load with optimal settings.then boot the Windows into safe mode and work for few minutes. shut down property.
    Switch on, boot as normal