cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flcikering image on Startup and losing signal in BIOS!!

alyraver
Level 10
HI all!

Just wandering if someone can help me out!

I have Maximus X Formula, Strix 1080ti, 8700k, Dell S2716dg

Everything has been working perfectly until recently, where the monitor goes blank in BIOS? At first I thought the system had crashed,
but it isn't crashing its losing signal or something - from the DP cable maybe??

It just happened now when I was in BIOS again, so rather than reset, I hit F10 then enter (ie save changes in BIOS and reset no settings had been changed tho). The Computer then posts and loads straight in to Win 10.

The only other thing I have noticed is when loading into Win 10 the start-up picture flickers or gets lines in it briefly, then all is ok

All drivers up to date, when in Win it appears to be ok, although I have had some random screen flickering

Any ideas!

TIA
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c
3 REPLIES 3

feedmeink
Level 12
Possibly your display cord is dying. If you have a spare that you know works, try changing out the display cord and see if it keeps happening.

feedmeink wrote:
Possibly your display cord is dying. If you have a spare that you know works, try changing out the display cord and see if it keeps happening.

I have just changed the DP cable for a brand new one and also I changed the power cord for the monitor, and have also removed the Cablemod Vertical gpu mount, to eliminate that.

In BIOS it "appears" to be ok now - have not had the screen go blank yet - I will keep testing tho

The only other issue (or appears to be the only issue) is the slight flickering of the screen when Win 10 loads the sartup image (the image not the logo)
It only flickers momentarily for a couple of seconds but then is perfectly fine after.

Apparently it is the refresh rate of my monitor (144hz) and the fact that it is changing from the default refresh rate that is set by Win on startup to 144hz?

***EDIT ***

Ok so I think the issue of the screen randomly flickering and cutting out in BIOS was to do with the 45degree Cablemod dongle - it appears other users have had the same issue - so my guess it that was causing the random screen flickering black.
I have removed the entire thing now as I didn't really like it anyway.

So my only issue now is the Win 10 Startup flickering when loading the image?
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c

remove ram modules and clean the contacts and then clean ram slots and then reinsert .
Do bios reset.load with optimal settings.then boot the Windows into safe mode and work for few minutes. shut down property.
Switch on, boot as normal
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754