ROG Enthusiast Array

G-Sync issue with XG32VQR

Hi,

I recently bought the XG32VQR , a FreeSync 2 display, which should work with G-Sync. But I've run into an issue with G-Sync, it constantly stops working, and it's really hard to get it working again. I'm using NVIDIAs G-Sync Pendulum demo to verify if it's working or not.

Example: I turn on the computer, start up steam, chrome and my usual apps, I try the G-Sync demo and it works. Then I start something else, it could be anything: another chrome window, spotify, uplay Star Citizen, whatever - it then stops working.

I try turning G-Sync off and on again, 9/10 times it doesn't help... it could even stop working just by tabbing between different windows.

Super frustrating...

Anyone else run into a similar problem and know how to fix? I have the latest NVIDIA + monitor drivers...

Thanks!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

When you say "stop working" ? Is it a black screen while having the power led light on ?

If yes, when it happens, if you turn off the monitor via the power button and you turn it back on, does everything work properly ?
    Thanks for the response,
    sorry, I should've been clearer:

It's the G-Sync that stops working, at least according to the Pendulum demo and the NVIDIA setting that shows a G-Sync ON message.

So the screen doesn't go black or anything. I just stop getting the G-Sync on message and the demo show G-sync off

ROG Enthusiast Array

Okay,

On your NVCP > Display > Set up G-Sync :

- Check the box "Enable for windowed & full screen mode (if it is not already the case)
    - Check the box "Enable settings for the selected display model" (if it is not already the case)
    Yes, those boxes are already checked.

Could it be that I have a 2nd monitor as well? that I use for temp monitoring, discord etc.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I do not think so, my wife uses a ROG Strix XG32VQ (not the XG32VQR) @ 144Hz RGB Full 8bpc with G-Sync enabled in windowed and full screen, and she uses an ASUS MX279H as a second monitor, overclocked from 60Hz to 72Hz in order to respect the ratio recommended by NVIDIA for a multi-screen configuration (one must always be the multiple of the other), still in RGB Full 8bpc.

The 2 are connected to a ROG Strix 1080 Ti OC, the XG32VQ via DP (DisplayPort) and the other via HDMI.
    I'm at work rn so can't check, but I think my secondary monitor is registered as a "generic monitor" by the system, for some reason.
    But it's a 24" 60hz monitor. Connected to my 1080Ti Poseidon via HDMI, the XG32VQR uses DP.

No other NVCP settings somewhere that could be the issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Have you tried disabling HDR via Windows or via the monitor ?
    Pretty sure I have it disabled on the monitor, but don't know if there's a windows setting that has it on. But I'm not using it no. I can double check when I come home.

I'm not using it because it's way to dark to my liking.