New ROGer Array

Angry Aura Sync trips Easy Anti Cheat

Hello,
    Most recent Aura sync (1.07.60) trips EAC (Present in for example The division 2, Apex Legends) for me, sure I can kill service and it works, but my rgb lightning then freezes and for some reason each time I do it I have to manually start aura again even after reboot. Please fix it finally, this have been going on for a long time now and should be resolved by now. How can you call your brand "Republic of Gamers" when your software trips games anti-cheat ffs.

ROG Member Array

You don't even have to have the full program installed to have this issue. All I have is the AURA service to control the MB lights from the BIOS. But as I discovered, the LightingService, which is the culprit, is running all the time in the background. Now I have to disable this service to run any game that uses this idiotic Easy Anti Cheat software. The Easy Anti Cheat developers need to fix their junk software. It's not ASUS's fault in this case as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: I just confirmed it. Stop the LightingService in Services and you can run games with Easy Anti Cheat. What's funny is that when you stop the service, the MB lights stay on, but in whatever color was last being shown. Start the service up again and things resume. What a PITA.
    Last edited by sehlat; 06-11-2019 at 03:45 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by sehlat View Post
    The Easy Anti Cheat developers need to fix their junk software. It's not ASUS's fault in this case as far as I'm concerned.
    According to EAC developers Aura Sync makes various hooks to "some DLLs" (I guess those might be directx dlls) for their "In Game Effects" which can be used by hackers. So no, it's not false positive, and not EAC fault either. This one is 100% on Asus and they should just extract all these hooks to separate service which can be just toggled off so it doesn't run and trip anti-cheats. But since most users are unaware of the fact that aura sync works in the same manner hacks do, they can go ahead and push blame on EAC.

New ROGer Array redshirt4life PC Specs
    redshirt4life PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)lol wut
    MotherboardMSI a88x-g45
    ProcessorAMD A10-7850K
    Memory (part number)CMY16GX3M2A2400C11A
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG RX 470 4GB
    Sound CardIntegrated
    Monitor49" LG 4K LED TV, 27" LG FHD monitor, 22" Acer FHD monitor
    Storage #1120GB SanDisk SSD
    Storage #21TB WD HDD
    CPU CoolerCM Hyper 212 sink w/ 2x Corsair ML120 fans
    CaseCorsair Carbide Spec-02
    Power SupplyLepa 600W
    Keyboard Logitech G810, G13
    Mouse Logitech G502 RGB, G600
    Headset Astro A40 TR
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Surround: Sony receiver, mixed speakers
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterNetgear AC1750
    Accessory #1 Oculus Rift
    Accessory #2 Logitech G920 FFB Wheel
    Accessory #3 Xbox Elite Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Mordraug View Post
    According to EAC developers Aura Sync makes various hooks to "some DLLs" (I guess those might be directx dlls) for their "In Game Effects" which can be used by hackers. So no, it's not false positive, and not EAC fault either. This one is 100% on Asus and they should just extract all these hooks to separate service which can be just toggled off so it doesn't run and trip anti-cheats. But since most users are unaware of the fact that aura sync works in the same manner hacks do, they can go ahead and push blame on EAC.
    It's 100% a false positive. EAC are just spouting bs so they don't have to fix their trash software. What I don't understand is why people like you are so eager to slurp it up.