cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync trips Easy Anti Cheat

Mordraug
Level 7
Hello,
Most recent Aura sync (1.07.60) trips EAC (Present in for example The division 2, Apex Legends) for me, sure I can kill service and it works, but my rgb lightning then freezes and for some reason each time I do it I have to manually start aura again even after reboot. Please fix it finally, this have been going on for a long time now and should be resolved by now. How can you call your brand "Republic of Gamers" when your software trips games anti-cheat ffs.
3 REPLIES 3

sehlat
Level 10
You don't even have to have the full program installed to have this issue. All I have is the AURA service to control the MB lights from the BIOS. But as I discovered, the LightingService, which is the culprit, is running all the time in the background. Now I have to disable this service to run any game that uses this idiotic Easy Anti Cheat software. The Easy Anti Cheat developers need to fix their junk software. It's not ASUS's fault in this case as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: I just confirmed it. Stop the LightingService in Services and you can run games with Easy Anti Cheat. What's funny is that when you stop the service, the MB lights stay on, but in whatever color was last being shown. Start the service up again and things resume. What a PITA.:mad:

sehlat wrote:
The Easy Anti Cheat developers need to fix their junk software. It's not ASUS's fault in this case as far as I'm concerned.

According to EAC developers Aura Sync makes various hooks to "some DLLs" (I guess those might be directx dlls) for their "In Game Effects" which can be used by hackers. So no, it's not false positive, and not EAC fault either. This one is 100% on Asus and they should just extract all these hooks to separate service which can be just toggled off so it doesn't run and trip anti-cheats. But since most users are unaware of the fact that aura sync works in the same manner hacks do, they can go ahead and push blame on EAC.

Mordraug wrote:
According to EAC developers Aura Sync makes various hooks to "some DLLs" (I guess those might be directx dlls) for their "In Game Effects" which can be used by hackers. So no, it's not false positive, and not EAC fault either. This one is 100% on Asus and they should just extract all these hooks to separate service which can be just toggled off so it doesn't run and trip anti-cheats. But since most users are unaware of the fact that aura sync works in the same manner hacks do, they can go ahead and push blame on EAC.

It's 100% a false positive. EAC are just spouting bs so they don't have to fix their trash software. What I don't understand is why people like you are so eager to slurp it up.