Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

hey guys I have same issues as you with the Phoebus Card
    These are two threads of mine
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdispl...-ROG-ThunderFX you may get some ideas reading there. I know just how frustrating it is.
    Not having AEC built into these top end cards is a HUGE negative in my book.
    Specially when the onboard sound chips on my Maximus Formula has it.

I know mine is a sound card v your headphones, but I use a Steel-series Pro Gamer H7, an have exact same issue.
    Yet if I use onboard sound, on the Maximus I just turn on AEC an instantly issue is gone.
    I was even considering buying into a RoC headset, but no way in hell now, I have enough issues with gear not working to spec. lol
    Last edited by Tassy; 02-09-2013 at 10:10 PM.

ROG Member Array

Agree, I just returned my Asus Vulcan for a new one, and the new one got the exact same problem, dosen't matter which setting I use.. The problem still exists..
    Last edited by Hagge; 04-08-2013 at 08:46 PM.

New ROGer Array

I have a 90-YAHI9180-UA00- Asus Orion PRO ROG Gaming Headset, I have had this headset for about 6 month and I have nothing but problems with leaking noise in Skype and TeamSpeak. I think when this headset and others in the range were designed they had not taken into consideration the leaking of sound into the mic in software such as the above (bad oversight). I have looked at all the threads some of which are nearly a year old without any replies from Asus support??? why because there is no fix therefore we have an expensive headset that does not do what says on the tin. I had a windows headset for £25 the sound wasn't great but I had no problems with leaking noise maybe I will try and find a better designed headset from a company that will support a problem rather than pretend it doesn't exist.

damn you ASUS

New ROGer Array BEHEMUUS PC Specs
    BEHEMUUS PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X79 Deluxe
    Processori7 4930k
    Memory (part number)G Skill Trident X 2400Mhz 32GB(8x4)
    Graphics Card #1Evga Gtx 780 TI Sc Acx
    MonitorAsus PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2WD Black 3TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua DH-14
    Power SupplySeasonic P1000

Hello,

I wanted to buy the Asus Vulcan PRO but after reading all the issues that they have i am starting to have some doubts.
    I find this solution but i cant try, its in this link http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/...an-pro-review/ , and in the middle of the page under "Hardware Installation" they talk that the problem was caused by the sidetone settings.

Can anyone try this too see if it works.
    Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Well, it seems to me that two things are mixed in this thread.
    a) Incoming sound leaks into mic
    And I have this effect, too: I remove (unplug) the microphone from the headset, and play audio on my headset. This audio is sent back over the microphone wire into the PC. It's a weak signal, but loud enough to be properly recorded by the soundcard. If you use AGC (automatic gain control) then the PC will try to adjust the recoding level and you have a perfect echo.
    -> Turn off AGC (and then replace the headset by a working model, this is a clear defect)
    Another issue might be that your mic isn't properly inserted or defective, and would deliver only a weak signal. If so, fix your mic. Otherwise the weak signal mentioned above will ruin the experience for your chat partner.
    b) Hearing yourself speaking:
    That's the sidetone "feature" of windows, and it can be switched off.
    Last edited by maze1980; 01-29-2014 at 06:57 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hello,
    I have also same issue. I tried all choices of options but nothing helped me. I also tried to disconnect a ROG Spitfire and connect connectors to my sound card and it had a little effect but it didn't solve this problem completely (leaking sound is lower but still exist). It is probably really hardware problem from manufacture and we do nothing. :/ My only one "solution" is to reduce sound volume to 5-10% of game/music/video and person at oposite side shouldn't hear nothing (I tested it with playing WoW or Guild Wars 2 + TeamSpeak or Skype).
    We bought fine designed headset but with unpleasant defect from manufacture. :/
    Last edited by Bloodwish; 02-23-2014 at 08:11 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hello,
    I have a Vulcan PRO and have the same problem. I made a lot of tests with/without spitfire and with/without the microphone plugged in and even without the microphone the audio leaks into so my friends on skype can hear the music/game I am listening.
    The mute button on cable don't help, muted or not the audio still leaks and it is possible to listen the audio.
    Anyone had luck and fixed this issue?
    I should try to order a new pair of headsets from asus?

New ROGer Array

Hello again,

I claimed the warranty and receive a new headset and this one still have the same problem =(
    ASUS you should do something about it, these are high-end gaming headset and the just don't work.

New ROGer Array

HEY I HAVE FINALY FOUND THE ANSWER! I Use this software called HDVDeck which on there i went onto microphone. on the slider option which says speaker output put that fully down and it works. my friends have told me its working and i can hear its working so try it now! i got the software with my computer but i've been told you can get it on the internet! ill put a link

http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

New ROGer Array

I've found the solution! Go to Control Panel -> Sound -> Right click on the symbole for ROG Spitfire, choose Properties, go to Levels and set Side Tone to 0. !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast