cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulcan - Incoming sound leaks into mic

kennethbj
Level 7
Hey,

I've got a problem with my Asus Vulcan ANC, it seems incoming sound is leaking into my mic. Like if i'm talking to people on Teamspeak or Skype, they can hear themselves constantly, and it's not from the speakers in the earcups. I've even upgraded my soundcard to a ASUS Xonar STX just to make sure it wasn't my on-board soundcard being retarded.

I've tried just about everything in terms of settings, and i've quite frankly now run out of ideas.

Anyone experienced this or have some feedback?
32 REPLIES 32

BaronVonDinosau
Level 7
Just bought myself a Vulcan yesterday. I'm pleased with the quality of the audio and the noise cancellation.
However I'm getting the same problem as the OP. My friends on skype can hear everything I'm doing, whether it's listening to music or playing Battlefield. I've been mucking around in my recording settings but nothing seems to fix it.
The _really_ annoying part is that using the MUTE button on the wire of the headset doesn't even help. It doesn't seem to completely mute the microphone. Which seems like a glaring oversight. 😞
So 2 problems in one I guess.

Hope a mod or someone from ASUS can help us out.

I just did some more testing and I found out the problems are related, as far as I can tell anyway.
The audio leakage slowly creeps in but only when I _use_ the mute button on the headset's wire.
The microphone actually works perfectly, conveying my voice very well (as my friends tell me).
However when I mute my mic (with the button on the wire), 'cause I want to watch a video or something, they start hearing the sound of the video after about 10-15 seconds, at first very quietly but then much louder.

If anyone has similar experiences, please share so we can figure this out.

Hey,

In case you haven't tried this allready:
Does it make a difference with the ANC on/off ? (I was thinking that maybe the internal microphones for the ANC system do something they're not supposed to.)
Does it also happen with the external microphone removed ?

My mic is also picking up game play sounds. When I play DayZ especially anyone online with me in Skype can hear my footsteps and everything. Love the headset except this. Happens even at low volume with and without ANC on. Might have to try a different headset if i can't get it solved. Love the headset except this one annoying thing! messed with a lot of the mic levels...

Hello, I seem to have some simular issues I get feed back nose when the mic is on or off not picking up my voice during testing and setup but if I tap the mic the sound meter maxes out. So it works but not like it should. I trired everything I could think of in windows X-fi settings and nothing works but muting the mic. I don't know what to do at this point I love the headsets I have 2. Any advive would be greatful thansk in advance
Phatom Phreak

I have just bought a pair of these today and am experiencing the same issue,
any sound coming though the headphones gets recorded. i can even unplug the detachable mic and it STILL records the sound being played by the headphones. i took them back and they replaced them with a new pair. and i have the same issue. not sure what to do now?! if i cant get a refund or some fix then they way as well go in the bin

Is there any solution to this problem? I just got this headset aswell, and immediately after starting a skype conversation with some friends, they all told me they could hear my music and or something i was watching on youtube. I have no idea what to do to fix this.

^ Bump. I would really appreciate some kind of solution to this, or even just a tip or two..

I am in the same boat also! My friends hear my music / game sounds. And I can also hear myself as soon as I run any applications that utilize the mic. Even when I just go to the sound recording properties it suddenly makes my mic transmit feedback into the headset. Just the same as when you tick the "listen to this device" under sound/recording/microphone - properties/listen.

😕 what to do Asus ?