ROG Member Array

AI Suite needs a reset to default button

The title pretty much says it all, but if more detail is needed. There is no obvious way for a user to revert the 5-way overclocking Optimization applied by AI Suite. It's not difficult to go into the bios and revert settings. However, there are two problems with that. Firstly, the easy way is to reset to defaults. But then you lose all other bios tweaks. Secondly, if you try to manually revert the 5-way Optimization changes you probably don't know/remember the original settings you had.

It'd be much more logical to add an "undo" button that just reverts the changes made by 5-way optimization but leaves other bios settings untouched. It'd certainly be appreciated by people who are just starting to tinker with overclocking on this board.

ROG Member Array cyber_flame PC Specs
    cyber_flame PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Hero
    ProcessorCore i7 4790k
    Graphics Card #1Aorus Geforece GTX1060 Xtreme Edition 6GB (Rev. 2.0)
    MonitorBenQ GW2270h
    Storage #1Segate Barracuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseCorsair Crystal 570x RGB
    Power SupplyFSP Epsilon 600Watts 80 Plus (Non-Modular)

I also used AI Suite and in result, its completely messed. Don't know how to revert back to OS Default Profile.

Uninstalling AI Suite is not working as well as resetting bios also because once you run 5-way optimization, its override bios settings, nothing can help.

Now my processor want to turbo boost default to 4.4Ghz but due to AI Suite it can't and max reach to 4.1 and PACKAGE Temp always set to 41c - 42c at idle with 1% - 2% load, Operating System Default cannot be loaded. No matter, you change hard disk or whatever.

Need the exact solution to revert all thing back to normal.

Please ROG Expert support on this.

ROG Member Array

Boot up and go into the bios (Hit F2 before windows starts loading). Then once in the bios hit F5 to load defaults. That should revert back to your unoverclocked settings. However, if you've done other bios tweaks you'll need to go through and make them all again once you've done this. That's what I did to undo the AI Suite changes and it worked fine for me.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by skrybe View Post
    Boot up and go into the bios (Hit F2 before windows starts loading). Then once in the bios hit F5 to load defaults. That should revert back to your unoverclocked settings. However, if you've done other bios tweaks you'll need to go through and make them all again once you've done this. That's what I did to undo the AI Suite changes and it worked fine for me.
    Presumably you’d need to then disable AI Suite in Windows, or it would just override your BIOS settings each time?

ROG Enthusiast Array

100% agreed!