cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden audio issues with Hero VII Mobo

Vanteal
Level 7
I woke up yesterday and I had no audio to my speakers...Also, none of the options/EQ/Settings work with sonic studio..

I do get sound if I switch to AC97, but not from the HD Audio front panel I had been using. Computer doesn't recognize when I've plugged in my headphones now either. I do have the enable popup when something has been plugged in. But with the AC97 I get sound from both the speakers and headphones. But I don't get sound to my speakers with the HD Audio front panel selected..I did reinstall drivers, but still no luck..Is anyone else experiencing audio issues out of the blue?..

Also, I'm running windows 10 1903, which I only downloaded today. But the issue started with the previous version I had yesterday. Current Realtek audio driver is version 6.0.1.8468 that I downloaded today from the asus website.

While I was tinkering around, and reinstalling drivers and whatnot, there was a moment when things sounded great for about 5 minutes, then I don't know what happened or why..And I still can't get sound working with the Sonic Studio or any Asus EQ settings..
5 REPLIES 5

katlani
Level 9
Even the Version 6.0.1.8496 drivers are not Windows 10 1903 compatible.
Personally i have a PRIME Z370-A on Windows 1809 and avoiding 1903 upgrade due to the issue i mentioned, where updated WHQL certified drivers were already sent to me via email this week that will soon be uploaded to the support page, though i'm waiting for that to happen first.

What is your motherboard type?

katlani wrote:
Even the Version 6.0.1.8496 drivers are not Windows 10 1903 compatible.
Personally i have a PRIME Z370-A on Windows 1809 and avoiding 1903 upgrade due to the issue i mentioned, where updated WHQL certified drivers were already sent to me via email this week that will soon be uploaded to the support page, though i'm waiting for that to happen first.

What is your motherboard type?

Thanks for responding, this issue occurred "before" I updated to the 1903 version of windows. I only downloaded the update to see if it would help fix the problem. So it's not a 1903 exclusive problem...And I have the Asus Crosshair hero VII wifi motherboard.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Use this thread to update your ROG audio drivers : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD).

Hi back, and thank you.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Use this thread to update your ROG audio drivers : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD).

Ok, just wanted to let you know that initially the sound still didn't work after following the instructions from the link you provided..However, I did get the sound to work by switching "Disabling front panel popup Dialog" to "ON"..Which seems kinda weird..