cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega + i9-9980XE Overclock help

hamood_d10
Level 7
Hello

Recently I upgraded my rig but I didn't upgrade my RAM since its listed in QVL so I didn't change it since I'm using it for the last 4 years
I installed everything properly, when I go to bios to load the XMP it loads fine and everything is ok, bios updated, driver everything to latest.
I had many random crashes so I though its the new GPU, I change it to there old one still crash happens, I ran memtest86 and I got alot of errors, so I know its the RAM not GPU, I load optimal default in bios, ran the memtest86 again but no errors at all and my system not crashing anymore.
I need to know is it ram fault, or wrong xmp profile or this motherboard still have issue

My RIG
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
Intel Core i9-9980XE
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3
Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3466MHz C16 (CMD64GX4M4B3466C16)
EVGA 1600 PSU
13 REPLIES 13

feedmeink
Level 12
4 x 16 sticks will take some playing around to get stable. Bump up voltage to 1.38 and see if that helps. I am willing to bet if you had one or two sticks of this ram, xmp would work fine. If voltage doesn't solve, loosen up timings by 2 and see if it works.

What is vccio and vccsa (system agent) voltage set to? Try setting vccio and vccsa to 1.12 and see if that helps
Avoid going beyond 1.2

I have 7980xe on rampage vi extreme. Basically same cpu. What do you have your cache set to? It could also be avx. What is your avx offsets?

hamood_d10
Level 7
Previous setup I had the same ram with same XMP without any issue
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
i7-8700K
Same ram
Besides in there Memory QVL it's written as this
CORSAIR CMD64GX4M4B3466C16 64GB(16GB*4) DS 16-18-18-36 1.35V

I'm not sure since I use XMP profile without manual modifying, I will check tonight and get back to you

I didn't change anything in CPU i set it up auto no change

ibb.co/wCdQSZy

If you are uncomfortable making changes, I suggest a different mobo or ram. Or you can try making the changes I mentioned and see what happens. Hope it works out for you. The qvl isn't the only factor
Cpu can limit what ram works and what doesn't.

Your previous set up was an i7. Now it is n
An 18 core processor. The IMC shares with your memory. 9980 is more complex than i7

hamood_d10
Level 7
I set RAM voltage as mentioned to 1.38 -- TEST FAILED
I set VCCIO to 1.12 -- TEST FAILED

You will have to loosen timings or downclock speed.

Go to external digi power control. There is an option to set power control for dram to 140%. That's my only other suggestion
Otherwise you will have to down clock the frequency