ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    MonitorBenQ RL2455HM
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova P2 650W

Question Who is responsible for warranty past 30 days, retailer or manufacturer (in the UK)?

Hello. My motherboard stopped working about a month ago. I bought it from Amazon UK on June 17, 2016. Maximus VIII Hero. I contacted ASUS and they suggested RMA but said it was up to the retailer to deal with it as it's still under warranty. I contacted Amazon UK and they said they don’t accept returns after 30 days and that it is the manufacturers responsibility.
    Who is supposed to help me?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Sounds like the ASUS person you spoke to misunderstood. When the retailer return period ends, manufacturer warranty starts. I would try calling them again.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array DeeEM PC Specs
    DeeEM PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    MonitorBenQ RL2455HM
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCorsair 780T

Thanks for the info. I'll try calling ASUS tomorrow. My initial contact with ASUS was done through email. This is what they said about the warranty.
    Based on described issue and troubleshooting done we can suggest RMA.

I understand this is inconvenient, however in this case we suggest you contact your retailer for advice on returns/replacement or any other options they can offer. As part of the sale process the retailer accepted that they would control all returns/replacement on behalf of ASUS for the duration of the warranty. They should be able to sort this out for you. ASUS has no other policy on these devices; We cannot replace or repair these devices directly.

Our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.
    I tried putting in my serial at rma.asus-europe.eu/uk but it says wrong serial number. Hopefully, the phone call goes well tomorrow.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

That's strange. I've never heard of Amazon brokering RMAs for someone else. I guess if Amazon and ASUS worked something out in the UK it's likely not even many employees are aware. That said, I'm skeptical. Why would Amazon want to do that? I could see that with a boutique seller performing customization but not Amazon.

EDIT: Appears this is wrong. Several comments indicating AMZN does take the return. So anyone having this issue, keep bugging them!
    Last edited by xeromist; 07-02-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Rob W. PC Specs
    Rob W. PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Asus Rampage vi extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7980x Oc 4.6ghz 24/7
    Memory (part number)64 gb GSkill 3600mhz (8x8) 15,15,15,35
    Graphics Card #1nvidia Titan V + ekwb custom loop
    Graphics Card #2nvidia RTX 2080Ti on air.
    Sound Cardonboard?
    MonitorIAsus PA329Q 4k 32"
    Storage #1samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB. M2 nvme
    Storage #2Samsung ssd 970 evo 500gb m2 nvme
    CPU CoolerEKwb custom loop
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i 1200w
    Keyboard Logitech G910 orion spark
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus core
    OS Win 10
    Network Routerbt infinity super fast.
    Accessory #1 Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD
    Accessory #2 Aqeuaro 6xt fan controller
    Accessory #3 Intel Optane 280gb

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEM View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll try calling ASUS tomorrow. My initial contact with ASUS was done through email. This is what they said about the warranty.

I tried putting in my serial at rma.asus-europe.eu/uk but it says wrong serial number. Hopefully, the phone call goes well tomorrow.
    I had to rma my board in March , ASUs sent me exactly the same response, so I contacted uktechstore where purchased and sent them the ASUs reply email.
    They accepted the return to themselves quite willingly, from there they send it to ASUs and await return to forward to me,, but that was March so after I contacted them on its status *uktechstore have now said they will just forward a replacement to me and await for the return from ASUs.
    Good news in the end, but what a wait!.*

ROG Member Array DeeEM PC Specs
    DeeEM PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    MonitorBenQ RL2455HM
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCorsair 780T

I tried contacting Asus by phone yesterday. There's a menu where you select which product you're having trouble with. After selecting motherboard it asks you to fill in the online form (which I've already tried) and then it ends the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob W. View Post
    I had to rma my board in March , ASUs sent me exactly the same response, so I contacted uktechstore where purchased and sent them the ASUs reply email.
    They accepted the return to themselves quite willingly, from there they send it to ASUs and await return to forward to me,, but that was March so after I contacted them on its status *uktechstore have now said they will just forward a replacement to me and await for the return from ASUs.
    Good news in the end, but what a wait!.*
    Thanks for the info. How far into your warranty were you? I contacted Amazon UK again today and they said that they do cover for the warranties but only for a two-year window. After that, they say it is solely the manufacturer's responsibility. They repeated this over the phone and through the live chat. I showed them/read out the Asus email which states otherwise, but that didn't convince them. I asked them if they could contact Asus for me, to solve this, but they said they couldn't.

I can't reach Asus by phone and the lines are closed until Monday anyway. I sent an email but I don't think I'll get a reply by Monday either, which is when my warranty is probably up. This is so frustrating.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Rob W. PC Specs
    Rob W. PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Asus Rampage vi extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7980x Oc 4.6ghz 24/7
    Memory (part number)64 gb GSkill 3600mhz (8x8) 15,15,15,35
    Graphics Card #1nvidia Titan V + ekwb custom loop
    Graphics Card #2nvidia RTX 2080Ti on air.
    Sound Cardonboard?
    MonitorIAsus PA329Q 4k 32"
    Storage #1samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB. M2 nvme
    Storage #2Samsung ssd 970 evo 500gb m2 nvme
    CPU CoolerEKwb custom loop
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i 1200w
    Keyboard Logitech G910 orion spark
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus core
    OS Win 10
    Network Routerbt infinity super fast.
    Accessory #1 Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD
    Accessory #2 Aqeuaro 6xt fan controller
    Accessory #3 Intel Optane 280gb

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEM View Post
    I tried contacting Asus by phone yesterday. There's a menu where you select which product you're having trouble with. After selecting motherboard it asks you to fill in the online form (which I've already tried) and then it ends the call.

Thanks for the info. How far into your warranty were you? I contacted Amazon UK again today and they said that they do cover for the warranties but only for a two-year window. After that, they say it is solely the manufacturer's responsibility. They repeated this over the phone and through the live chat. I showed them/read out the Asus email which states otherwise, but that didn't convince them. I asked them if they could contact Asus for me, to solve this, but they said they couldn't.

I can't reach Asus by phone and the lines are closed until Monday anyway. I sent an email but I don't think I'll get a reply by Monday either, which is when my warranty is probably up. This is so frustrating.
    hi DeeEM
    *I believe about six months into warranty, ASUs did state if I had problems with the supplier to get back to them but this was not needed,
    Amazon’s three month return is for direct replacement or refund after that it relies on the warranty for repair or replacement by ASUs but should be handled by amazon.
    If amazon still refuse then I would send there email to ASUs and ask for a direct rma ticket.
    Realy hope you get it sorted soon.*

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I live in NZ and this is one of the reasons I buy local

In New Zealand for a starter you get a year minimum warranty on a New Product which would be subtracted from the manufacturers warranty so if the manufacturers warranty is 5 years you would get 1 under law and the additional four, 1 is the bare minimum but if a manufacturer gives more then you get more..

Also, if you brought a product from X computer store it would be the responsibility regardless of if it was year 1 end or year 3 end for X computer store to deal with the problem, you would return the product to them and they would fix the problem and deal with the manufacturer.

If the problem can not be fixed and it is a material defect or failure which is not of your making then you could get a full refund. I.E you had not submersed it in a fish tank. - Thinks are very strict here when it comes to consumer products but if the warranty you are getting is 30 days I would be appalled.

Good luck and personally I think amazon should step up.
    I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should volunterily remove them selves from the gene pool.
    Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K/SLI EVGA 3G GTX 580's/12 TB Raid/Silverstone Strider 1500W PSU/Xigmatek Elysium Case
    G751JY-T7042H 32G/980M/256G M2. SSD 2TB SPINNER
    Power Mad Muhahaha

ROG Member Array Ashwind PC Specs
    Ashwind PC Specs
    Motherboardmaximus IX formula
    Processorintel I7 6700K
    Memory (part number)64 gb corsair dominator 3200
    Graphics Card #11080 ti strix

I am also in the UK and have bought a maximus formula from Amazon in dec 2017, the board stopped working in dec 2018 so I contacted ASUS requesting a RMA and they gave me the same response, so I got hold of Amazon and sent them a copy of the ASUS reply .
    Amazon then sent me a replacement. The replacement was a dead board, the board was an obvious customer return as all the plastic film was missing on the plastic parts of the mobo and there were also a couple of marks on it. Amazon did send me another replacement that has worked fine since.
    So for me at least Amazon does/did take returns after 30 days (1 year in my case), and also I did not have to wait for amazon to rma the board with asus ect, I had postage tracking for the replacements before I had even posted the faulty board