Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by msilcher View Post
    I have trouble following the line of thought of your post. Have you updated successfully to BIOS 306 and are using both (NVME & SATA) drives? You have installed W10 1903 on the SATA (Samsung EVO) and not on the NVME drive?

Thanks!
    Sorry if I wasn't clear lol, I was so tired from rebooting and rolling back and opening and closing my computer.

So I have an NVME as my boot drive and the Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD as my secondary drive, this is the one that's causing most of the issues. I began with everything rolled back so the previous Windows version (1809? can't remember the number), and BIOS version 302. At that point I uninstalled ASUS Live Updater and removed my Samsung 860 EVO. Then I installed Windows 1903 on my boot drive and what I found was that without ASUS Live Updater installed my computer did not update to BIOS 306. Once Windows 1903 was installed I put my Samsung EVO back in and it is now running. I am still using BIOS version 302 but at least Windows isn't bugging me to update every hour. Hope that helps.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Narkanin View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear lol, I was so tired from rebooting and rolling back and opening and closing my computer.

So I have an NVME as my boot drive and the Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD as my secondary drive, this is the one that's causing most of the issues. I began with everything rolled back so the previous Windows version (1809? can't remember the number), and BIOS version 302. At that point I uninstalled ASUS Live Updater and removed my Samsung 860 EVO. Then I installed Windows 1903 on my boot drive and what I found was that without ASUS Live Updater installed my computer did not update to BIOS 306. Once Windows 1903 was installed I put my Samsung EVO back in and it is now running. I am still using BIOS version 302 but at least Windows isn't bugging me to update every hour. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for clarifying, now I got it!!! It is almost my scenario, I stopped using ASUS updater some time ago since it contains know bugs (allow remote code execution). Also using Samsung EVO SATA as secondary drive and had to rollback from 306 to 302. In fact I'm still waiting for feedback from ASUS support team since I reported the issues with BIOS 306 as many of you. They say they are working on it and it will take some time...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

I stopped using ASUS updater some time ago since it contains know bugs (allow remote code execution).
    Ironically, that's what the new bios update fixes.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    Ironically, that's what the new bios update fixes.

Really? Where did you get that info? I never saw a changelog for ASUS BIOS updates... No fixes for the internal NVME drive causing issues with W10 reboot/upgrades?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Really? Where did you get that info? I never saw a changelog for ASUS BIOS updates... No fixes for the internal NVME drive causing issues with W10 reboot/upgrades?
    From the Asus website, it was not really a changelog, more like a blog post. I'll see if I can find the link.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for clarifying, now I got it!!! It is almost my scenario, I stopped using ASUS updater some time ago since it contains know bugs (allow remote code execution). Also using Samsung EVO SATA as secondary drive and had to rollback from 306 to 302. In fact I'm still waiting for feedback from ASUS support team since I reported the issues with BIOS 306 as many of you. They say they are working on it and it will take some time...
    At least they told you they were working on it. They basically told me they had no plans for release lol. I hope whomever you talked to was correct. Anyway glad it worked for you.

New ROGer Array

Still no update to the BIOS and now they've removed 302 for some reason so I hope no one else gets stuck at 306 now. Otherwise youll be at the mercy of support.*

New ROGer Array

For anyone who needs to roll back to 302 or simply is looking for this BIOS version, please find it below.

ASUS GL502VS BIOS 302

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi everyone,
    Had exactly the same issue, after upgrading to 306 my laptop simply stopped booting, not even BIOS is available.
    After some investigation, it was also combination of SATA and SSD from Samsung (EVO 860).

@Elfire, thanks a lot for giving a link to a 302 bios, saved a lot of time and actually helped (writing this now with both SSDs in place).

@Asus, guys, it may be a good idea to hide the latest BIOS version from the support page, maybe? Sure, 302 has issues, but it at least lets the laptop boot...

New ROGer Array

still waiting for bios update

Was absent for several months, and I see this problem is still present. It is so frustrating, when you need bios update to fix one laptop problem, yet you cannot update because it will cause another one. Should we just open new tickets every week just to remind them of this problem? At least we have a good workaround in this thread. Oh yea, I can't restart computer without it getting stuck AsusRog logo either, every windows update is like a game, I wonder will my PC work after restart or not...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast