ROG Member Array

Sharing a fix - Aura issues when running multiple RGB control programs

In case someone else have this issue:

Co-existance of multiple rgb control programs. If it screws up your sync or prevent Aura from starting up at boot and you suspect running multiple rgb conrol programs plays a role, then try this, as it fixed several issues for me (using RGB fusion, Icue, Razer synapse and Aura at the same time).
    I had a feeling that somehow the order of program initiation of these during windows boot created the issues I had. So using system Mechanic I set Aura to load last and well after all other programs. Thats two weeks ago now and havent had any issues since.
    Just thought I would share this (there are plenty of programs, some freeware, that can do the above delayed startup btw. Doesnt have to be System Mechanic).

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Thanks for sharing!
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Glad to hear that is working for you but a word of caution. It is my layman's understanding that RGB control programs that control LEDs in RAM sticks have to access the SMBus to send the data needed to make the RAM LEDs do their thing. If access to the SMBus is not coordinated with the proper interlocking sequences, there can be collisions that can cause corruption of the SPD data on the DIMMs. When G.Skill first released their Trident-Z RGB series and their RGB control software, there were MANY reports of bricked DIMMs. The SPD data either had to be rewritten to the DIMMs (with Thaiphoon Burner) or the product had to be returned. It was a real mess. I know for a fact that Corsair Link and iCue do not use the proper interlocks, and I don't think AURA does either. What you are doing may work, but you are playing a dangerous game.

RGB control has basically been the Wild West, with lots of vendors producing products and releasing poorly developed control programs. Running multiple versions is asking for trouble, and I do not think that the order of start-up is going to prevent SMBus collisions. I recommend at least getting the free version of Thaiphoon Burner and using it to get a dump of your DIMM's SPD data. That way, if it gets corrupted, you can write the correct data back to the DIMMs. Note you need the paid version of Thaiphoon Burner to write to the DIMMs, and the BIOS needs to allow SDP Write.