cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Hard Shutdown

vfrank
Level 7
my Zenith Extreme (not alpha) has hard shutdown issue exactly like this:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109056-Zenith-Extreme-Alpha-Hard-Shutdown

I haven't installed any Aura, RGB softwares. May be Bios issue (my bios is 1701 version). I hope next Bios version can solve it.
3 REPLIES 3

FalloutBoy
Level 7
Is it a Zenith Extreme or Extreme Alpha, I've got the Alpha I went to the 1901 bios from the installed 0207 it came with to the 1901 and within 1/2 an hour had my first problem, I was just sitting there and about to click on Firefox and the whole system just went CLICK and shutdown, it also would not power on from the power switch, I had to pull the power plug wait a few seconds and then plug it back in.
This happened multiple times and windows was reporting
Error "The previous system shutdown at
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha

vfrank
Level 7
Mine is original Zenith Extreme and bios 1701. In bios setting I just select optimize all fans and set 1 fan run in slient mode.
Now I still don't know the cause of the issue. I heard people complain about bios 1901 so I have not upgraded. Waiting for next bios version.

vfrank wrote:
Mine is original Zenith Extreme and bios 1701. In bios setting I just select optimize all fans and set 1 fan run in slient mode.
Now I still don't know the cause of the issue. I heard people complain about bios 1901 so I have not upgraded. Waiting for next bios version.

Keep an eye on your fans too as I said although I had the previous version of AISuite installed in the middle of a benching run it showed the CPU as being -128, the fans had stopped and the heatsink was egg frying material. None of these problems since I went back to the first bios but I will have to try again now that I have the correct version of AISuite installed and see if weirdness still ensues but if your CPU suffered the same as what mine did it may have done a thermal shutdown.
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha