cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Hero VII Q Code 00

joseleg
Level 7
I have a Asus Maximus Hero VII with an i7 4790k , 16 GB ram Corsair Vengeance and EVGA 2060.
When I power on the pc the mobo got stuck in error code 00 and black screen. To properly boot I need to clear the CMOS constantly. If I not clear the CMOS the won't boot. When the pc boot works fine I can play and work without any issue

I test outside the case and the first time take a lot of time, but the mobo boot normally. I turn off and turn on a couple of time and everything works normally.

I reassembled the pc and the q code 00 is back and I need to clear the CMOS everytime I want to use the pc.

I reflash the bios to the latest stable version 3201 and the issue persist.

I bought a new PSU and the mobo is not able to boot without clearing the CMOS.

I try connecting the video to the integrated hdmi port and the same result.

I try using a DVI cable and the same result ( No boot and Q Code 00)

I replace the motherboard battery and same problem.

Any advice ?
1 REPLY 1

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi joseleg 🙂

Qcode 00 is not documented and generally considered to be a hardware fault found error, and difficult to diagnose the hardware culprit, however:

Quote/ I test outside the case and the first time take a lot of time, but the mobo boot normally. I turn off and turn on a couple of time and everything works normally.

I reassembled the pc and the q code 00 is back and I need to clear the CMOS everytime I want to use the pc.
End quote/

Your experience as quoted above may provide a clue. It is possible there is a short between the MB case standoffs and your Motherboard and many have experienced this condition.
It is not conclusive however worth a try if all else fails. Also check your case cabling and connections.

You can obtain fiber washers to insulate the condition with standoffs shorting.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]