cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Windows to detect monitor? Please Help ASAP

Thomas_extreme_
Level 8
How do I get pc to recognize ROG PG279Q? In device manager it shows generic PnP monitor. I did a system restore before the issue occurred, (I was working on my pc remotely with TeamViewer and I did not want people to see me working so I enabled black screen. I think this is what caused the issue) I did a system restore to a time before I used the TeamViewer black screen driver, it removed the TeamViewer black screen driver but, now it shows generic PnP monitor and it does not show Asus ROG PG279Q monitor. Please help!
Thanks*
5 REPLIES 5

1mluer
Level 11
There should be a display driver. go to this link and download the driver for your monitor

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/HelpDesk_Download/
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
There should be a display driver. go to this link and download the driver for your monitor

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/HelpDesk_Download/

I have tried that and there is no application or setup.exe in the folder for the driver.

1mluer
Level 11
you need to go to device manager and under monitors right click and go to properties. then go to update driver. navigate to that folder and select the .inf file I think it is. it will probably be the only one you can select.. select it and update.. it should update the device manager entry with the right driver.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
you need to go to device manager and under monitors right click and go to properties. then go to update driver. navigate to that folder and select the .inf file I think it is. it will probably be the only one you can select.. select it and update.. it should update the device manager entry with the right driver.

Hi, I have tried going to device manager to manually install the driver but, when I go to the file with the driver and double click it says no items match your search. Please help!!! ASAP!!!!!

1mluer
Level 11
hmm that's how I updated my driver for my PG348Q..
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!