New ROGer Array

Exclamation Need rog strix g g731gu laptop crashing solutions

hello good people.
    I bought the product 1 month ago. the problem i am facing is it hangs up suddenly whenever i play games for awhile or even when i am using it for normal usage.

cpu temp goes max 79 and gpu goes 70 when gaming. even before hanging i face no lags, no fps drops, no system slow whatsoever. it runs smoothly but suddenly the who laptop crashes. only the force shutdown holding the power button turns off the system. i usually play overwatch, dota2, destiny2. and this random crashes happened for all of these games. i checked the temps twice and i think they are normal for a gaming laptop. it also happened even in a normal usage. like browsing and others.

checked the drivers, bios. re-installed and updated them. re-installed windows. nothing helped.
    [p.s.- windows is installed in the sata ssd, not the m.2 ssd]

is this an hardware issue? do i have claim the warranty?
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by uragiri; 10-12-2019 at 03:29 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

One month ASUS laptop owner, I would perform a system recovery (procedure explained in your User Manual starting on page 71). After recovery, if the problems still persist, return the laptop to the reseller and ask for a refund or replacement.

Now if you completely wiped your SSD and reinstalled Windows, wiping your OEM Recovery Partition, thus preventing a System Recovery, then you must return the laptop to ASUS for warranty repair.

Either way, remove all your personal data before releasing the laptop for repair/replacement.

From your description of the problem, I would guess you have an hardware issue.
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server