cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 1903 overclocking issue again

Melodist
Level 7
Hello,

I can't bear this anymore. After the 1903 update, my overlock doesn't work again.

I'm on an Asus X99 Deluxe II and I don't know what to do anymore.

I've also tried to modify the genuine intel file but it doesn't do anything, not to mention that this shouldn't be an official solution which in my case isn't working anyways.
4 REPLIES 4

SSJ3Weasel
Level 7
This will fix it

PipJones wrote:
Not sure which update it did it - but try the take ownership and rename "mcupdate_genuineintel.dll" fix.

Many references to this online, e.g.

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/110331-kb4100347-intel-microcode-updates-windows-10-v1803-...

PipJones
Level 8
Melodist wrote:
Hello,

I can't bear this anymore. After the 1903 update, my overlock doesn't work again.

I've also tried to modify the genuine intel file but it doesn't do anything, not to mention that this shouldn't be an official solution which in my case isn't working anyways.

Try this too ...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111470-Where-is-the-1903-BIOS-for-my-X99-Deluxe-II

Godofmosquitoes
Level 7
I solved all mine by throwing in the latest microcode for my CPU on the BIOS of my motherboard. No reason not to have the latest, as far as I see it.

Koutport
Level 7
Melodist wrote:
Hello,

Hello
I had the same problem ,I try several things but the best is this: Rename the file ''mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll'' for INTEL or mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll for AMD in c:\windows\system32 with unlocker util and everything its ok ...! For me everything its ok for my overclock.
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx