cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL502VMK] No display after failed bios update. Built-in keyboard not working

Ethylio
Level 7
So I think it is fair to say that I have got myself into a bit of a pickle.

One day, I come to open my laptop like every other day except this day was different. I had to wait for a bios update at the asus flashing bios thing which came after booting. However, at the middle of the update, my laptop just turned off. I don't know if it was a power issue or if something went wrong with the update. I then tried to open my laptop to only come to no display of anything at all, not even a boot logo.

Like every other person, I went to the forums here to check out whether anyone else had the same problem, and there were. I tried doing the holding esc for several seconds then down arrow and enter, that didn't work. Last option I had was to go to the bios at boot. So I tried every single combo I knew including Ctrl+Home. It was only after I did all that I did that I realised I had fast startup on which disables usb ports on boot. The reason this is important is because I was using my external razer keyboard to do everything since my built-in laptop keyboard stopped working a long time ago, I didn't really pay much attention to the fact that it stopped working because I never really used it.

I am going to some local repair shop soon, but I was wondering if anyone on the forums here knows what to do about the predicament I have gotten myself into.*:p
1 REPLY 1

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
That non functioning keyboard is probably gonna make things a lot harder. You have to use the built-in KB to trigger the bios recovery thing. I don't think it would work using an external keyboard.