Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NoteBook ROG GL753VD Not Posting/No Bios logo

RuschGaming
Level 7
Post Title: NoteBook ROG GL753VD Not Posting/No Bios logo
Supposed to be in the GL notebook subforum

Right so I'm completely lost on what to do now. From what I understand from my brother is it was working a few days ago and when had some more time he tried to switch the laptop on but no response. I've tried several things and no luck. Keyboard is lighting up with color changing and back to the color that was chosen for it. Everything is running off SSD.

Issue with the laptop:

• No post
  • No Bios logo/screen appearing

What I've done so far:

• CMOS battery removed for an hour.
  • Hold Power button for 30/40 seconds.
  • Contacted Live chat told me just to power the button down for 30/40 seconds. (not much help there)
  • Removed all SSD, DVD drive, even the wireless module and repeated the same steps.
  • Tried pressing Ctrl + home and power to force bios update via USB. But no response unless I was doing something wrong.
  • Tried to find different methods through google and didn't find anything related to the issue I'm having.

Any notable response from the laptop:

• Laptop lights are powering up.
  • Charging indicator is lighting up.
  • Fan isn't spinning (but I assume it starts when the temp goes above X temp).

Are there any other option that I haven't tried yet, or overlooking something?
4 REPLIES 4

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
There are a couple of solutions you could try here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111436-GL502VSK-Bricked-BIOS-Update
It's for a different model but it's worth a shot.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
There are a couple of solutions you could try here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111436-GL502VSK-Bricked-BIOS-Update
It's for a different model but it's worth a shot.

Gonna give this a shot again, but the problem is with the keyboard layout dont know if this matters or not. the home button is part of the numpad keys.

RuschGaming
Level 7
-=Update=-
I've tried with the ctrl+home button on power up but nothing and i dont know if it has to do with how the keyboard layout is since the numpad has the home button integrated into it.

See picture:

lplpl
Level 7
Have you tried uninstalling the RAM cards? The RAM is usually one of the culprits that the computer does not turn on after a sudden shutdown