cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 1903 update blocked with Ryuo/Ryujin?

MorePower
Level 8
I read that Windows can't be updated to 1903 when there is a USB device connected. So since the Ryuo/Ryujin works like a USB for storing custom files for the OLED screen, will this affect the update process? If so does ASUS know about this and will they be providing some kind of fix or do we have to disconnect the cooler USB like MS suggests?

Here a link to Microsoft on this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10
5 REPLIES 5

Thomas_extreme_
Level 8
You need to go to device manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controller find USB Mass Storage Device right click and press disable. This is how I got around the USB upgrade block. Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes thanks! 

MorePower
Level 8
I see. I'll give it a try.

I also see AsusTek ROG RYUO USB Device under Disk drives drop down. Would that also do the same thing?

MorePower wrote:
I see. I'll give it a try.

I also see AsusTek ROG RYUO USB Device under Disk drives drop down. Would that also do the same thing?

I don’t know, I just disabled USB Mass Storage device in device manager then used Windows Media Creation Tool to update.

MorePower
Level 8
Ok you're using the media creation tool. I'm waiting for the update via Windows Update. Right now there is a message in Windows Update saying that my PC is not ready for it and once the update is ready it will be available.

MorePower wrote:
Ok you're using the media creation tool. I'm waiting for the update via Windows Update. Right now there is a message in Windows Update saying that my PC is not ready for it and once the update is ready it will be available.
*Disable the USB Mass Storage Device from device manager then you can update via windows update.