cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mod Contest Suggestion Thread

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Guys and gals, what would you like to see in a mod contest?
31 REPLIES 31

Granger
Level 10
My next (and first) mod win 😉

xeromist
grottslampan recently posted a picture of a derelict PC found in his local classifieds. I think it'd be neat to have a zero-to-hero contest to take an unloved PC and make it into something useful and spectacular (before & after pics obligatory). I'm just not sure how to ensure that it's "fair".
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I'd like to see people go back to the basics like it was 5 to 10 years ago when it was all about creating the parts and everything to make a work of art from nothing.

DaemonCantor wrote:
I'd like to see people go back to the basics like it was 5 to 10 years ago when it was all about creating the parts and everything to make a work of art from nothing.

I'm not sure what you mean but if you're saying that you'd like to see work that requires innovation and power tools then I can get behind that. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Exactly! You know from when they had to make the Water Blocks themselves and use things like an Aquarium Pump... The day's of real innovation!

DaemonCantor wrote:
Exactly! You know from when they had to make the Water Blocks themselves and use things like an Aquarium Pump... The day's of real innovation!

Well, not everyone has the tools and skill to mill their own blocks. I certainly don't. But I get what you're saying: mod without using off the shelf parts. Having that as a strict rule might limit what could be done in a contest but perhaps extra points for home brew additions?

Granger
Level 10
Right, whos going to be the first to use the radiator and 12v fan from their car for a cooling system?

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Yep! I remember the days when I needed to do something and had to make it myself. It gave me real pride that I could do it and I learned a hell of a lot by doing.

DarthBeavis
Level 9
maybe different classes of modding or types like case fabrication verses case modding?