cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case advice

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
ok well im nearly done with my AMD build and im looking at getting a all out intel build soon but i want to liquid cool it so i can clock a little higher and get a little bit more out of it when i need to.
i was wondering what case will be best for a double loop system, 1 loop for cpu and 1 for the graphics cards.

the build will have 2 high end graphics cards (AMD 7970's/GTX 680) and use either the intel i7-3930k or the i7-3960x, or what ever intel cpu is out at the time, i am sticking with a ROG motherboard and a ssd aswell with maxed out RAM.

all im asking is for suggestions on what Case to get that will fit a double loop system and has good enough air cooling to keep it even more cool.

im using a antec 1200 at the moment and i am thinking of using another 1 for my next build but i would like to see what other cases there are that will support the cooling.

anyone have a case to suggest?
Due to the speed of its orbit and rotation, mercury's days last longer than its years.
20 REPLIES 20

xeromist
Are you looking to have all the radiators inside the case then? And I assume you'd like to have only 1 rad per loop if possible? Do you have any restrictions based on cost or size? There are some really nice MountainMods cases with tons of room for rads but they are huge and on the expensive side(in fact they are so big that some people build two systems inside them).
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
cost will be under £5000 if possible but i dont want big big and yes i would like the radiator to be inside if possible, i was looking at the corsiar 700D but the air cooling isnt mental like the antec 1200 but it will be able to have 1 3x120mm radiator and a smaller 1 in it aswell,
i was also looking at the lian li cases and the nzxt phantom
Due to the speed of its orbit and rotation, mercury's days last longer than its years.

VistaKing
Level 9
I am going with the Nzxt Phantom myself . Looked around the net and for to fit a 3 fan radiator on the top inside the PC . You would have to remove the 200mm fan that is inside the case. I was told that the RS360 radiator ( triple fan ) from XSPC will fit without modifying the case and if you would want a second radiator (240 radiator-dual fan) on the bottom inside the Phantom case you would have to remove the hard drive trays.

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam

xeromist
I think the phantom is sexy but you'd have trouble getting the amount of rad you are talking about inside of it. I've heard good things about the TJ07 and it's partitioned so the lower rad would be pretty isolated (keeping heat out of the main compartment). Your 1200 should be pretty doable as well. I front mounted a 240mm in a 900 so the 1200 should be a breeze with mounting options. There are probably several lian li that you could use as well. It all depends on how much (if any) modding you want to do.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
i was looking at the TJ07 aswell but i dont like the look of the top part where the motherboard goes, looks way to short for the motherboard in my eyes, i gues if i mod a 1200 well enough i could put a duel rad on the back fans and another 1 on the bottom 2 hdd bays, and it does have a mounting point for a resivoir i think

DaemonCantor
Level 13
This is the one I like and just as soon as I can afford to get it I plan on it.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
i like the look of the 800d but i dont like the hotswap pannel on the front, so if i did get a 700d id get the 800d sidepannel for it.
but i do like the idea of the 1200 case, and i dont realy want to get a phantom and mod the hell out of it for it to work for the liquid cooling

VistaKing
Level 9
Really nice looking case. Like how there is a lot of cable management . Its a great case for a RAMPAGE IV EXTREME motherboard .

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam

DaemonCantor
Level 13
One of the many reasons I like the 800D is the room for doing just about any kind of Water Cooling I would want to do, Also the Front Hot Swap Bay as well as it's door are removable and you could mount a couple Reservoirs in there. Just the ability to customize it so much with out having to mod it is out of this world! Plus Just the Shear Size of the thing and all the room....OH My!