Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I have a found a work around solution that I am somewhat ok with personally but I am still upset that the feature does not work as it should.
    Solution: In the BIOS settings, lets the fan speed be dictated by motherboard temp (or anything else) instead of CPU. I basically found that I can set my fans to ramp up when my mobo speed reaches 30c and that it functionally works as if it was tracking CPU speed. Once again, this isnt ideal, and wont work for everyone's case etc but it sort of works for me.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X Hero Z-370 ( Wifi ) bios -2102
    Processori7-8700k @ 5.1 @ 1.34v @ manual vcore , De Lid + rockit cool copper ihs
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3000 Mhz cl-14 @ 4000 Mhz cl-17-19-19-39 @1.4v 1.21v vccio/vcssa
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1080 TI FE @ 1911 mhz @ 0.975v Curve - Driver 431.36
    Sound CardMotherboard Realtec , Driver 87.46
    MonitorAsus PG279Q , 27 inch 165 HZ , 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Intel 600P , 512gb m.2 nvme ssd
    Storage #2Kingston Hyper X furry 240gb ssd
    CPU CoolerThermalright true black 120 + 2 x 120mm push pull ( pump died rma )
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyThermaltake Grand 750w RGB Platnuim
    Keyboard Logictec G510s
    Mouse Logictec G700s Wireless
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth Large
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z-5300 THX 5.1
    OS Windows 10-1809 x64 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Squidmaster7 View Post
    I have a found a work around solution that I am somewhat ok with personally but I am still upset that the feature does not work as it should.
    Solution: In the BIOS settings, lets the fan speed be dictated by motherboard temp (or anything else) instead of CPU. I basically found that I can set my fans to ramp up when my mobo speed reaches 30c and that it functionally works as if it was tracking CPU speed. Once again, this isnt ideal, and wont work for everyone's case etc but it sort of works for me.
    intersting

so instead of fans being set to (cpu) and ramping up like a jet engine to 1200 rpm set the fans to mobo instead of cpu ?
    ok question is now that if the cpu hits say 65 c do that fans even spin up ? or unless the mobo hits 30 c then the fans just do noting ?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie xl View Post
    intersting

so instead of fans being set to (cpu) and ramping up like a jet engine to 1200 rpm set the fans to mobo instead of cpu ?
    ok question is now that if the cpu hits say 65 c do that fans even spin up ? or unless the mobo hits 30 c then the fans just do noting ?
    Yes you are correct. I dont really do benchmarks or anything, only gaming, so my cpu and mobo tend to rise in temperature together.
    I have all of my fans set to run at like 700rpm all the time (when the mobo is under 30c) and when it goes over 30 the fans ramp to like 1000 or so. Since the mobo temp isnt spiking during internet browsing or whatever I haven't had a problem with the fans going up and down.

ROG Enthusiast Array cars10 PC Specs
    cars10 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Formula 7
    Processor4790k
    Memory (part number)corsair dom. plat. 2113mhz 16gb
    Graphics Card #1980 TI Strix OC
    Graphics Card #2980 TI Strix OC
    Sound Cardrog xonar phoebus
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i
    Power Supplybequiet 1.2kW DPP7
    OS 8.1

sucks this is still not fixed. constant up and downs are so annoying on an otherwise quiet custom watercooled pc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2