cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Spotlight Issue

mthunder84
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I've just bought a Rog Spotlight, and I've an issue.

I connected it to one of the 3.1 Gen Usb ports of my Asus Rog Maximus X Hero (but i also tested 2.0 ports).

Aura perfectly recognizes it, and everything works fine.

The only issue I've is that the Spotlight stays on even when my pc is off (i've alredy set to off the related aura option, but i think it's a function that refers only to mobo leds).

Is there a way to switch it off when I shut down my pc, without enabling the ERP s4+s5 function ?

I'm on W10 64bits.

Thanks in advance for all the help! 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

mthunder84
Level 7
... up ...

no one can help 😞 ?*

jahedegaard
Level 7
RGB LED devices connected via USB to the pc will in general stay on unless the controlling software has a function to switch it off when the PC is turned off.
YOur only option is ot turn the PC off on the PSU powerswitch. Alternatively go through a hub. I go through my Asus monitor which have an option to shut off the USB connections going through it when it powers down. As an example.

mthunder84 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've just bought a Rog Spotlight, and I've an issue.

I connected it to one of the 3.1 Gen Usb ports of my Asus Rog Maximus X Hero (but i also tested 2.0 ports).

Aura perfectly recognizes it, and everything works fine.

The only issue I've is that the Spotlight stays on even when my pc is off (i've alredy set to off the related aura option, but i think it's a function that refers only to mobo leds).

Is there a way to switch it off when I shut down my pc, without enabling the ERP s4+s5 function ?

I'm on W10 64bits.

Thanks in advance for all the help! 🙂

mthunder84
Level 7
Hi jahedegaard,

thanks for your kind reply, I'll follow your suggestions! Maybe one day Asus will add some software side functions (... or not hehe)!