Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Sorry to hear that.
    My memory card left the origin, to be shipped back to me, on January 31.

It was sent by Priority Mail, and was supposed to arrive on February 03.

It didn't. The last update was on February 04, and they didn't even say what city it was in, just that it was "in transit".

I called the post office again today.

They are going to escalate it to the District Office, which is one level above the local post office.

They said it was last scanned on January 31, so there haven't been any updates since then.

If I have to file a claim, how am I supposed to value a memory card with pictures and videos from 2010? (Forget that the card wasn't working.).

Do I just go for the max, which says it's $100?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

I think they would say that claims only cover physical goods, not data, but you could ask.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think they would say that claims only cover physical goods, not data, but you could ask.
    The post office sent the shipping label, which was separated from the package, back to the sender.

The sender said that the only way that could have happened, was if someone forcibly removed the shipping label, as it was taped very well.

Mail that is separated from the package goes to the mail recovery center in Atlanta.* The post office said that I probably wouldn't hear before 3 weeks at the earliest, and it could take several months.

They also said that they have an image of the package when it left Florida, and that one of the flaps was open.* They said they can't send me this image, it's for internal purposes.

The sender said that the flap shouldn't be open, as it was taped well.* And that could have only happened if someone forcibly opened it.

The post office also says they destroy all mail that's separated from a package that's valued at $25 or less.* I hope they don't use 2020 prices, and that someone has the sense to know that I would do anything I can to try and get my microsd card back.

I hope they somehow find it at the mail recovery center in Atlanta.

I don't know if the sender didn't pack it properly, or if someone forcibly opened it.* Probably the latter, as they are a professional business, so they'd probably know how to pack things.

At this point, it doesn't matter why the item is likely separated from the box.* They just need to find it at the mail recovery center, and send it to me.

The sender said that the label was sent from the Network Distribution Center in Richmond, CA.* I asked the post office if I could go there and if they could see if my package was there, but they said no, it's closed to the public.

The sender also filed their own missing mail report, and I updated my report with their description.

I have a feeling that my microsd card might have made it to Richmond, but because it got separated, it then has to go to Atlanta where they have to sort it out.* I hope it didn't get lost when it was leaving Florida.

Also, I don't even think they would have accepted the package in Clearwater, FL if the flap was open.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Speaking with Consumer Affairs today, they said that if the mail recovery center in Atlanta found a memory card, they would have destroyed it. There's no way to link a particular card with a missing mail report, since they all look the same, and they get a ton of similar looking items.

And they can't load them and check the contents, as that's an invasion of privacy, as well as a security threat.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

On the one hand that sucks, but on the other I'm glad they have policies to prevent random privacy violations.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Enthusiast Array

On the one hand that sucks, but on the other I'm glad they have policies to prevent random privacy violations.
    Agree about the privacy violations.

But I still think some basic searching can be done.

For example, this was an 8GB card from 2010. I doubt many people would be buying an 8GB card now, probably 16, 32, or 64 GB.

So a basic search for how many missing mail reports for a Sandisk 8 GB card, shouldn't turn up as many results.

2nd of all, some of the plastic coating on mine was gone, after LC Technology did their repair on it. So that would make it even more unique.

On another note, I'm currently experiencing another package problem with the USPS. I sent my camera through them to a repair facility, for some minor repairs. Thinking that now would be a good time, since we can't go anywhere out for a while.

The tracking stopped being updated that day. It's been 18 days without an update.

I tried going to post office where I dropped it off. The supervisor said he'd contact the last facility it was scanned, and contact me on Monday.

I never heard from him.

I'm done sending anything important through the post office.

This was also sent via 2 day priority mail, just like my memory card.

New ROGer Array

I have the same issue. I'm sending the SD card to a local data recovery service. Good luck to me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by yuanyasmine View Post
    I have the same issue. I'm sending the SD card to a local data recovery service. Good luck to me.
    Good luck.

What's the name of the company?

How is their fee structure? Do they have a free evaluation? Or is there a minimum charge?

How many GB is your memory card?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2