cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI XMP stability

Chgarcia79
Level 7
Hi,
my computer is not stable, as soon i enable xmp profile 3200mhz , games crashes, computer sometimes gets stuck when restarting
I have an Asus Rampage Extreme VI board with i9 7960x with latest bios
gtx 1080ti strix sli
corsair hx1200i
kraken x62

Memory G Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C14-16GTZR 4x16 modules that make 64 GB
I do not know if the problem may be that they are quad and what I have seen work only in dual as the web says?

https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gtzr

I tried to put them in dual, I put them all together, I guess that's the way it was, but I also had errors.

I tried to change the vccio and vccsa and manually put the timing tests with memtest or similar programs gave me error.
I do not know if I have to up some voltage to the CPU.
Especially the game that I crashed every time is the division 2, when remove the xmp works perfectly,but when xmp it's enabled every time comes out.

What memory would work perfectly for my board rampage Extreme VI? I could buy a new ram and the one I ' ll will leave it to mount another pc
4 REPLIES 4

G75rog
Level 10
Buy a single matched 64 GB KIT and you'll be ok.
Trying to tune 4 unmatched kits is herding cats.
https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c15q2-64gtzr

^^^what he said. Always go with a single matched kit.
mixing ram, even the same part number is a crap shoot if you can get it to work.
Only other advice is tune it manually.

Buy ram from the QVL list.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
XMP isn't guaranteed your CPU ram speed is 2666Mhz, buying not supported Ram vs an weak CPU MC is your issue, buy a 64gb kit if you want 64gb in quad.

cekeu
Level 12
Chgarcia79 wrote:
Hi,
my computer is not stable, as soon i enable xmp profile 3200mhz , games crashes, computer sometimes gets stuck when restarting
I have an Asus Rampage Extreme VI board with i9 7960x with latest bios
gtx 1080ti strix sli
corsair hx1200i
kraken x62

Memory G Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C14-16GTZR 4x16 modules that make 64 GB
I do not know if the problem may be that they are quad and what I have seen work only in dual as the web says?

https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gtzr

I tried to put them in dual, I put them all together, I guess that's the way it was, but I also had errors.

I tried to change the vccio and vccsa and manually put the timing tests with memtest or similar programs gave me error.
I do not know if I have to up some voltage to the CPU.
Especially the game that I crashed every time is the division 2, when remove the xmp works perfectly,but when xmp it's enabled every time comes out.

What memory would work perfectly for my board rampage Extreme VI? I could buy a new ram and the one I ' ll will leave it to mount another pc

I advise you to try the BIOS (ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME-ASUS-1503) and activate the XMP profile if you have the cpu i7 7960X.Many users and I have encountered the same problem with bios 1704.You can install the latest MEUpdateTool_11.11.65.1590 on bios 1503