cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request: ASUS Please provide G752VS WW recovery media service

jeffh70
Level 7
ASUS you need to provide with a similar service as the one available for US customers.

I am looking for media of an image of the original hidden recovery partition for an ASUS G752VS?
I mean an image of the recovery partition that is used when resetting to factory settings. NOT the esupport folder.
For people looking for eSupport folders check asustreiber.de

its an ASUS G752VS-GC003T, according to the asus helpdesk equipped with "Windows 10 Home Premium APAC NEU" if antone know what edition that is please tell me

(Edited by cl-Albert 6/28/19)
25 REPLIES 25

jdfrench3
Level 12
You should also qualify your request that your ASUS G752VS is a European model (Dutch or German).

It would also be a good idea to identify what model G752VS you have (ROG G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core) or ROG G752VS OC Edition (7th Gen Intel Core or ROG G752VS). Two of these models are labeled G752VSK on the back of the laptop but are different animals. Certainly the recovery partitions will be different depending on model and distribution region. Run dxdiag.exe and identify your system and BIOS used.

The following is the exclusive Asus authorized fulfillment center for Asus recovery media in United States:

http://www.bizcom-us.com/asus/rmrequest.htm

I don't know if there is such third party support in Europe.

Honestly your best solution is request a RMA and return your laptop to ASUS for OS drive restoral.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
You should also qualify your request that your ASUS G752VS is a European model (Dutch or German).

Run dxdiag.exe and identify your system and BIOS used.

My dxdiag only know the basic model BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THE ACTUAL ASUS INSTALLED.
according to dxdiag, i have a G752VS bios 312, dutch

I don't know if there is such third party support in Europe.

There isnt in Europe ASUS helpdesk NL didnt even know such a service existed at all anywhere.

Honestly your best solution is request a RMA and return your laptop to ASUS for OS drive restoral.

Most likely will, maybe we should all do it at the same time and then they will decide to make it availabe.

on a positive note, even though my guarentee period had ended the offered me to fix it under warranty even after I told them I had dissasembeld it for a repaste. So its not all bad

The dxdiag.exe file will properly identify your laptop as a G752VS and the 312 BIOS further confirms that you have the Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ Processor.ASUS drivers and programs aside, dxdiag.exe identifies your system.

Sorry for the confusion about the eSupport Folder contents in the earlier forum posting. Each version eSupport Folder will have differences (www.asustreiber.de has version 5.01), every distribution region will have different contents, and every different G752VS version (1,2,3,4,5 older to newest) will have different contents.

Good Luck with ASUS repair center. Let me know how it works out for you.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:

Good Luck with ASUS repair center. Let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks JD, sorry if i was being an #$%. It's just so frustrating the absolute minimum of support Asus offers. I was about to buy an MSI this week, only reason I didn't was that I knew when I did I would leave the ASUS as is, but in order to sell it it should be optimal. So i figured I'll fix it first and will see then. But most likely if I do RMA it i will get an MSI same day. I cant miss it for 10 days. I have 2 more days to fix it and then it will be RMA or not.
Also hard to believe no-one anywhere has them uploaded, I feel like the difference between eSupport DVD from asustreiber and the recovery drive is only gonna be a few files but key ones. Going through the I386 (preload, unattend, customisation) folder you can clearly see a few thing done that the CD doesnt, but in order to run these tasks a few files are missing.

jeffh70 wrote:
Thanks JD, sorry if i was being an #$%. It's just so frustrating the absolute minimum of support Asus offers. I was about to buy an MSI this week, only reason I didn't was that I knew when I did I would leave the ASUS as is, but in order to sell it it should be optimal. So i figured I'll fix it first and will see then. But most likely if I do RMA it i will get an MSI same day. I cant miss it for 10 days. I have 2 more days to fix it and then it will be RMA or not.
Also hard to believe no-one anywhere has them uploaded, I feel like the difference between eSupport DVD from asustreiber and the recovery drive is only gonna be a few files but key ones. Going through the I386 (preload, unattend, customisation) folder you can clearly see a few thing done that the CD doesnt, but in order to run these tasks a few files are missing.

Well seriousliy you should have create a Disk Image when you frist go the notebook, then update it every couple of weeks. recovery is about 20 minutes. Macrium reflect free dose that very easily
Other than that why not just dowload the latest version of windows 10 from MCT you all ready have your eSupport folder saved so what 45 minutes to install windows and hour to install the correct hardware driver?

Recovery partition will take you back to the original Image and then you'll still have to run all the updates to current status and install all your software again.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Well seriousliy you should have create a Disk Image when you frist go the notebook

Wow!, seriously wow, i mean reallly, it just I dunno, comeon, for real, let me say, huh, wait, what Im gonna

really

geez
i would
but man
this is just

jeffh70 wrote:
Wow!, seriously wow, i mean reallly, it just I dunno, comeon, for real, let me say, huh, wait, what Im gonna

really

geez
i would
but man
this is just

Well seriously, your notebook came with eSupport folder and a recovery partition. your Recovery partition is still there unless you clean installed and wipe it off. Read your manual as to how to access it. the days of getting a DVD back up have been gone for several years now. Some custom notebook vendors will sell you one with the unit you buy from them. heck most notebook now days don't even have an Optical drive they have basically become obsolete. USB Thumb drives are so much better more data space and wayyyyyyyyyy faster.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Well seriously, your notebook came with eSupport folder and a recovery partition. your Recovery partition is still there unless you clean installed and wipe it off. Read your manual as to how to access it. the days of getting a DVD back up have been gone for several years now. Some custom notebook vendors will sell you one with the unit you buy from them. heck most notebook now days don't even have an Optical drive they have basically become obsolete. USB Thumb drives are so much better more data space and wayyyyyyyyyy faster.

If you were a Doctor and I had came to you after I had an accident on my bike and broken something.....
You would tell me "Well honestly you shouldnt have had an accident than you wouldnt have broken anything, and you should know that nowadays people on bikes wear helmets and thats way safer.". And then you would have send me on my way without providing any help or care, prolly still mumbling to yourself houus after I had left "Well you know, he shouldnt have been on a bike without a helmet, why the hell would he come here. He should have known that."

jeffh70 wrote:
If you were a Doctor and I had came to you after I had an accident on my bike and broken something.....
You would tell me "Well honestly you shouldnt have had an accident than you wouldnt have broken anything, and you should know that nowadays people on bikes wear helmets and thats way safer.". And then you would have send me on my way without providing any help or care, prolly still mumbling to yourself houus after I had left "Well you know, he shouldnt have been on a bike without a helmet, why the hell would he come here. He should have known that."

Actually I gave you the solution "Other than that why not just download the latest version of windows 10 from MCT you all ready have your eSupport folder saved, so what 45 minutes to install windows and hour to install the correct hardware driver?"

"Recovery partition will take you back to the original Image and then you'll still have to run all the updates to current status and install all your software again." You'll find directions in your User manual.

Right there in the Sticky's at the top of the forum your find an excellent Guide
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way...

If your not capable of accomplishing either you probably shouldn't waste your money on a Gaming Notebook or any other leading edge notebook Go ahead and have the computer shop " The Doctor" do it for you.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro