Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    I think we have most of that now, you do have to log on to your Asus Account, where all your Asus devices are displayed with most of the drivers and software available for download. This is of course based your registering each of your devices to your Asus Account? I know my Account still shows my G75VW all the motherboards I have gone through My G752VY a monitor and Wireless router. All with the latest drivers, manuals software etc?
    1. Must be password protected. As it is now, I can pick and choose downloads from any ASUS model laptop. I admit I'm running software on my G752VSK from the G703 models. There is no control from ASUS as to what software I can download. Look at what IvanRF puts together. Password protection would allow ASUS to control content based on an owner's purchase and registration.

2. Must include recovery data, such as ASUS Installation Wizard content (Driver DVD iso file) and recovery partition iso file. This is content that the Asustreiber website has been providing for some time and Bizcom's recovery media exploit.

3. I mention the ASUS Download Center because it's a great start but we the ASUS owners need more. We want ALL the drivers and software available. We want ASUS to quit hiding files only found in the ASUS Installation Wizard content. ASUS owners need the ability to fully recover from an OS or hardware failure.
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    1. Must be password protected. As it is now, I can pick and choose downloads from any ASUS model laptop. I admit I'm running software on my G752VSK from the G703 models. There is no control from ASUS as to what software I can download. Look at what IvanRF puts together. Password protection would allow ASUS to control content based on an owner's purchase and registration.

It must be different here that where you are? Here in the states you have to log on to your Asus account and then only the products you have registered to that account will show up? Its been that way for me since at least 2012.

2. Must include recovery data, such as ASUS Installation Wizard content (Driver DVD iso file) and recovery partition iso file. This is content that the Asustreiber website has been providing for some time and Bizcom's recovery media exploit.

Last model that came wit was before the G75 since I have to create my own DVD disk Recover DVD Set or BD which was the very first thing I did.

3. I mention the ASUS Download Center because it's a great start but we the ASUS owners need more. We want ALL the drivers and software available. We want ASUS to quit hiding files only found in the ASUS Installation Wizard content. ASUS owners need the ability to fully recover from an OS or hardware failure.
    Again there is some miscommunication between us as I do Log in to my account from "Asus Support Download" and only the products that i Have registered there come up.

Another point since Windows ten any recovery disk that would have given us would be useless since you would have so many updates and upgrades to run and sort out driver after each one.

We have all known about Macrium Reflect I have been posting about it since 2012 anyone not creating Images to restore? All the forums I participate in have been pushing all the newby's to back up there systems, I would think any gamer or other user serious enough to pay the kind of money were paying or these machines would already know to back up there systems and data
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Again there is some miscommunication between us as I do Log in to my account from "Asus Support Download" and only the products that i Have registered there come up.

Another point since Windows ten any recovery disk that would have given us would be useless since you would have so many updates and upgrades to run and sort out driver after each one.

We have all known about Macrium Reflect I have been posting about it since 2012 anyone not creating Images to restore? All the forums I participate in have been pushing all the newby's to back up there systems, I would think any gamer or other user serious enough to pay the kind of money were paying or these machines would already know to back up there systems and data
    Clint, I live here in USA and log onto the ASUS Download Center via this url: https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/ From here I just enter whatever model support page I need. I use this quite a bit while answering forum questions. My registered ASUS laptops are posted on this same page. I can use the IvanRF download links to any updated ASUS software I want (hence my use of G703 drivers, software, and programs), they are all dlcdnet.asus.com downloads.

My two ASUS G75VWs both came with Driver DVDs, my G752VSK however did not. I have a Windows Server 2016 that backs up everything across my local network between three ASUS laptops. The normal ASUS owner doesn't have a comprehensive backup plan and admit it, ASUS isn't helping. These ASUS owners are found all over the forum pages begging for Driver DVDs, eSupport Folders, and recovery media. Telling these poor people they screwed-up, that they should have backed-up their systems first is just rubbing salt into their wounds. It's alarming, the reactions I get from those I have located the Driver DVD (eSupport Folder) on a non-ASUS site or the disbelief that ASUS doesn't provide recovery media but that a commercial site does. The industry (not just ASUS) is shooting themselves in the foot for not providing these two services.

Any sort of ASUS Installation Wizard content (Driver DVD iso file) or recovery partition iso file will only restore to a particular Windows 10 version but Windows can always be updated to the latest version. At least the ASUS owner will have a working laptop that can do so.

ASUS should provide both a ASUS Installation Wizard iso file and a recovery media iso file on the ASUS Download Center.
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3