cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i9900k + Maximus XI Extreme + Gskill F4000C17 problem, pls help :(

SharPPP
Level 7
Hi everybody,
as the title suggests I have a problem with my new build, below I explain my problem and the complete build.

Processor: I9-9900K
Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Extreme
Ram: G.Skill F4-4000C17Q-32GTZR Trident Z RGB
VGA: Titan Xp Collectors Edition Jedi
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1Tb
HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb
PSU: Seasonic Prime 1000 Titanium

Full custom loop EK: 2x Rad PE coolstream

So, at the first power-up everything seems to have gone well, I set the xmp 1 except and go out and everything is ok, while I was installing the drivers and restarting the system, it shuts down and restarts with the message "Memory Ok, pls enter in the bios and check ram setting ", once entered the bios I realize that the mobo has set values ​​in the car for VCCIO and System Agent Voltage at 1.40, I would say very high values. I try to do a 5ghz oc with standard parameters:

AVX: 4
CPU core Voltage: from 1.30 to 1.34
LLC = 7

and unlocking all the various parameters as indicated in the various guides read on the net. Nothing at 5ghz I can't find stability even touching the VCCIO and System Agent Voltage.
Launching cinebanch r15 the pc always crashes. I have now did the tests with memtest.

Without XMP: 0 errors
With XMP 1: 3 errors (not completed)

I will place the screens

As you can see the values set automatically on the system agent voltage and VCCIO are very high.
Now I wonder if it's a IMC processor or RAM problem

PS: bios updated to the latest version

Please help me 😞

thanks a lot
1 REPLY 1

Vlada011
Level 10
If you have errors on memory you need to RMA whole kit.
You can't do nothing if reliable test show Errors.
Memory should be tested on default without changing frequency, timings or voltage.
Eventually if Memtest pass and no problem with stability on advertised speed you can repeat test once more later.

When new memory arrive don't change frequency or timings. Check stability and left memory on default.
You need to OC processor firts and find stable frequency you want.

It's not every i9-9900K capable to work on 5.0GHz on all cores.
My advice for memory is manual setting. Usually frequency and timmings could give better performance then XMP.
When new kit arrive first testing memory over night. I use MemTest86 FIRST.

I used 3 tests for testing memory.
Memtest86, HCI Memtest and Gold Memory.
Every single of them run over night.
Memtest86 is most important.