cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my G74. wife broke it:)

jaysunvzw
Level 7
So I did buy my G74 used off craiglist.

Its has been factory restored using the restore partition, but so far I have no issues to report with the OS.

I'm playing Final Fantasy 14 and Battlefield 2 on it and must say I'm very impressed.

I originally wanted to build a desktop, but I like being able to move about the house and be with family

while I feed my gaming addiction. lol

One problem though. The seller gave me a cool XPS bag and my wife sat the bag on our bed and it rolled off

and crashed to the floor. The laptop still works great a testimate to its build quality but it did

break dent smash in the left back corner. I looked online for a lower casing assembly but have had no luck finding

one. Does anyone know of any parts sites where I can find the bottom cover for the G74.

Thanks everyone for your advice here.
3 REPLIES 3

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Those kinds of parts often don't show up until a model has been around awhile.....I wouldn't expect to find them for the G74 yet. If you are in Europe, the eu Parts store is worth checking. In the U.S., there's no similarly comprehensive parts source. (The Asus eStore isn't especially useful.....never seems to have the parts people actually need.)

Thanks Brody,

I'll keep an eye out on that site and google it from time to time.

Doesn't really affect the laptop use. Just upset that I just got her and now she has this blemish.

In six months I'll probably be able to get this part pretty cheap.

Thanks again.

jaysunvzw wrote:
Thanks Brody,

I'll keep an eye out on that site and google it from time to time

If nothing else, it's a good place to find parts numbers, which are very helpful when you're looking for more online sources.