cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix x370-f gaming bios 4801 dont work and wont let me flash back

arafred
Level 7
I flashed to 4801 and does not work as intended want to flash back to 4603 and i get "Not a proper Bios file"

What the Heck????
2 REPLIES 2

DecoyObvious
Level 7
I had major issues with 4801. My system was requiring multiple restarts before anything would display, and of all things the power button stopped working, but if I jumped the pins directly on the board I could still start the system. Super weird.

Anyway, I managed downgrade to 4024, which I knew was a good one for me. I followed this guide: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99490-Flash-any-most-Asus-motherboard-Bios-in-DOS-with-USB...

I was scared that I might brick my board, but it worked perfectly and everything went back to working well. Just watch the video and follow all the instructions closely.

Good luck.

This roll back method does work.I just had similar issues with my b450-f board after updating. Luckily my keyboard still worked. i was able to downgrade back to 2301 using afudos. You have to create a bootable usb drive using a bootable disk creation tool. I used rufus. then copy afudos and bios 2301 in my case to the drive afterwards. reboot to flash drive. run afudos "bios name" /p /b /n /k /x without the quotes. this will force the previos bios and fix the problems. Or atleast it did in my case. I am back up and running on previous bios version with no issues.