cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero Wifi usb ports "work" but don't WORK

pizzaman49
Level 7
I'm sorry for double posting this...... I put it in the wrong place first and can't figure out how to delete it..

Hey guys let me start off by saying that I just made this account on here looking for help and if this isn't the section to seek help I am sorry.
Okay, so as the title says I have a Maximus X hero with wifi with an 8700k and a Radeon VII. The usb ports work.... but have been giving me a giant headache to the point where I might just go back to the 7700k build I just replaced. I have all cables routed so I can quickly plug in any PC in place of mine and that what I did. plugged everything in how it was and.... instant problem with mouse freezing. So i got rid of my hub thinking that was the issue and now the mouse works but the audio with glitchy. So what did I do next? Got a usb 3.0 pcie card. And that thing is doing the exact same thing. It isn't the peripherals because I have plugged my old pc in many times trying to fix this.

I have:
updated all drivers I can find.
reinstalled windows.
updated bios.
cleared cmos.
tryed different keyboard/mouse/mics/headphones. (popping and glitching doesn't happen in 3.5mm port on front of the case.
tryed every single usb port.

I HAVE 3 THING PLUGGED IN AT THIS POINT AND MY HEADPHONES STILL POP/CRACKLE AS DOES MY MIC. SO ANY USB SOUND DEVICE.

Really hoping someone here can help me.
0 REPLIES 0