cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completley confused regarding LAN drivers.

D3SOL4TE
Level 8
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is anyone able to help me make sense of the list of LAN drivers in the image below?

I've tried to make sense of them but they just appear to be a confusing mess to me what with version number not being in any logical order, not to mention 2 of them having the same version number and another having 2 completely different version numbers.
11 REPLIES 11

x-rated
Level 8
all drivers are included in windows, no need to try others if they work properly 🙂

x-rated wrote:
all drivers are included in windows, no need to try others if they work properly 🙂

If that's the case what purpose do the drivers serve? I don't mean to doubt you I'm just really confused.

x-rated
Level 8
if something went wrong, you have always a choice to download it from here and try to reinstall it manually 🙂

x-rated wrote:
if something went wrong, you have always a choice to download it from here and try to reinstall it manually 🙂

Not true at all, you always need drivers, never use Windows built in drivers, if you want better performance, better stability and have current and any new features your hardware supports you NEED to download drivers!

For your intel network adapter (LAN) download the latest from intel I will provide a link below...if on Windows 10...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

Download the Prowin32.exe if on a 32-bit OS
Download the Prowin64.exe if on a 64-bit OS (You most definitely should have a 64-bit OS) but double check...

x-rated
Level 8
not true at all, the only drivers i install are for graphics card and creative sound card, everything else works great, no stability or performance issues 🙂

And whats further confusing is as screenshot the driver tab says they are version 12*** when in fact they are not, i have no ideas why intel states 22** on their page, must be the only company that confsuses people with their drivers including the chipset driver too.80887

Adrian1983 wrote:
And whats further confusing is as screenshot the driver tab says they are version 12*** when in fact they are not, i have no ideas why intel states 22** on their page, must be the only company that confsuses people with their drivers including the chipset driver too.

Hi,

22.x.x.x / 23.x.x.x / 24.x.x.x = Intel Ethernet Package Version (Drivers & Software)
12.x.x.x = Intel Ethernet Driver Version (Drivers Only)

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

22.x.x.x / 23.x.x.x / 24.x.x.x = Intel Ethernet Package Version (Drivers & Software)

Thanks MoKiChU, I wandered why there were 2 version numbering schemes.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

I see, thanks for the clarification, does intel supply a driver only package?