cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703g Laptop randomly reboots

jfrank
Level 7
I have a model gl703g that's about a year old. It's worked perfectly since I got it, but yesterday, for no reason that I can trace, it began restarting randomly. There's no warning at all: the screen goes black and the system reboots, as if I had pressed the power button. Sometimes it will take an hour, sometimes after only a few minutes.

My firmware is up to date and I just upgraded to the latest Windows 10 (version 1903), but this didn't seem to help. All my drivers are up to date as well.

The machine is under warranty and ASUS wants me to send it for repair, but that will take weeks and I can't afford this, since it's my primary work computer.

In the event log, I have the Kernel-Power event 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I also see this warning message: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&1.

There are other warnings too, but I'm not sure which, if any, are relevant.

Any idea what might be causing this?
1 REPLY 1

GeoBRB
Level 10
The issue come from the motherboard. I changed the motherboard for two times in the warranty. Now is working fine.
First revision has issues. 😞