cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus S GX531GS SSD Options/Recommendations ?

RMMENDOZA
Level 7
So looking for an SSD upgrade from the 512GB to 1TB and/or above. Looking for recommendations as well as what is compatible with my make/model, GX531GS. Been cruising on NewEgg and the Samsungs are looking good, but not sure what the differences are in the various 970 EVO and Pro other than price. Any other brands to look into that have as good of ratings as the Samsungs?

Laptop is only used for gaming; COD Black Ops, WoW, Division 2, Ghost Recon, SoT, Conan Exiles, PUBG.

Appreciate any and all advice and help.
1 REPLY 1

madhacker3kxl
Level 9
RMMENDOZA wrote:
So looking for an SSD upgrade from the 512GB to 1TB and/or above. Looking for recommendations as well as what is compatible with my make/model, GX531GS. Been cruising on NewEgg and the Samsungs are looking good, but not sure what the differences are in the various 970 EVO and Pro other than price. Any other brands to look into that have as good of ratings as the Samsungs?

Laptop is only used for gaming; COD Black Ops, WoW, Division 2, Ghost Recon, SoT, Conan Exiles, PUBG.

Appreciate any and all advice and help.

There is a quite a bit difference between EVO and Pro models. The cache is different till it drops speed, TBW is a lot different, firmware stuff. You wont be able to tell the difference in gaming. I would go with the EVO personally. I have both in same computer and average everyday workload there is no difference in performance.