cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go 32 Gb memory now, to save hassle in future?

MoonMan2
Level 7
I've just built my new games machine and happy with it.

The mainboard can support the i9-9900 chip, and I expect that some time in the future I'll probably buy this chip, or possibly a more powerful processor (if my board supports it).

I'd like to hold on to this board for several years if I can, whilst being able to enjoy decent game playing.

Would it be worthwhile installing 32 Gb memory now, rather than 16 Gb? This would be to save me the hassle of having to search out matching memory stick pairs in years to come that match the ones I have installed now. This caused me heartache and time with my last games machine.

Why do you guys think?

I know there are no games now that require 32 gb memory, but how long before they do?
1 REPLY 1

TheOnlyDoor
Level 7
16 GB is now really a minimum spec, to the point where its is the "recommended" hardware for the newest games coming out. Some games, mostly Alphas and early access unoptimized of course, already hit the low 20 GB's. 32GB will be sufficent for all your gaming needs for the next few years at least.
To your question though, yes, I would definatley upgrade to a 32GB now if you have the cash as well since prices have dropped nicley in the past 6 months.