cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about upgrading RAM (FX505DU)

Netherzapdos
Level 7
I'll be getting a new laptop that comes in with an AMD Ryzen 3750H, which seems to benefit well from memory. So i decided to go ahead and buy 2 new 8GB ram sticks as soon as it arrives, but will any type of brand work? The processor only supports up to 2400Mhz ram modules, so if i get, say, 2x G.Skill Ripjaws that run at 2400MHz, it should run right?

I'm not sure if laptops nowadays are only supported with a handful of brands, i can't seem to find a list of supported ram sticks for this particular laptop so i'm asking if any brand is okay? as long as the processor/motherboard supports it? Thank you!
1 REPLY 1

splinter62284
Level 7
Netherzapdos wrote:
I'll be getting a new laptop that comes in with an AMD Ryzen 3750H, which seems to benefit well from memory. So i decided to go ahead and buy 2 new 8GB ram sticks as soon as it arrives, but will any type of brand work? The processor only supports up to 2400Mhz ram modules, so if i get, say, 2x G.Skill Ripjaws that run at 2400MHz, it should run right?

I'm not sure if laptops nowadays are only supported with a handful of brands, i can't seem to find a list of supported ram sticks for this particular laptop so i'm asking if any brand is okay? as long as the processor/motherboard supports it? Thank you!

No point buying 2 sticks since you have only 1 slot free, unless you wanna sell the original 2666Mhz stick.
I've got 2x 2666 Mhz sticks but I dont really know if they're working at 2400 or 2666, even windows once show 2400, then after reinstall 2666.

I think any brand should work as long as its SO-DIMM 2666Mhz or 2400Mhz and you shouldnt worry about that.