cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ASUS ROG20AJ can’t update the driver for Asus command

RockyCargo
Level 7
I just recently got a ssd upgrade (It’s a 500 GB Samsung EVO 560)for this computer It was very Hard given the design of the case I’ll go ATX prebuilt form Asus *next time. When I was trying to install the new drivers form Asus command *It failed saying I needed to install some sort of disk . In addition some of the drivers don’t work right. The Asus aura does not change colors at all it just stays red sometimes it might change to purple. * I’m thinking about either to use the original driver DVD that came with my pc, go to device manager and update it there, reinstall Windows, put original hard drive back and try and create a restore point( I tried doing a system image with third party *with first with windows 10 but for some reason it didn’t work at all when I tired putting it on the ssd). I’m also thinking about calling or emailing Asus support. Any other ideas you had in mind?*

Thanks And I hope someone will respond to this *
4 REPLIES 4

RockyCargo
Level 7
I did some reserach and I found that You have to download the 1st version of ASUS command before downloading the next one (that fixed the color isssue). when I donwloaded the lastest one I still ran into issue with the Update function not working right. Then when I went one update down The update feature wokred propley and connected to the server and said You have updates. when I clicked it it didnt download propley and said I needed a disk for setup. there is about a 6 month gap in bewttwen this update. Now Asus support just conatacted me back saying that they will have someone look into it which is good. For now tough use Asus command 2.04.05 unti they fix it.

Asus told me that the lastest Version of Asus Command does not work with Windows 10 Version 1709 and above. I tired downgrading using herins boot cd to Windows 10 Version 1703. I tried it again but this time instead of closing down right away. It said Asus command has stooped working and then closed down. I since then Reverted back. Then Asus suggested to me to use the Asus update live ullity. I tired doing that. It still didn’t work and crashed my keyboard and mouse pretty badly. I assuming this was made for laptops and it got confused. Now I had to reinstall Windows which I didn’t want to do. Now I tired Everything possible . I would think the only solution is for Asus to release another driver for Asus Command for the Asus Rog G20. Unti then I will stick with the one that works . I honestly hope that Asus will release another driver for it.

test

Gengaku
Level 9
Anyone fixed this issue yet? 😞 still no solution.