cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E to X99-E WS

gogoalshop
Level 7
Hi all,

I was thinking of changing out my Rampage V Extreme for an ASUS X99-E WS; would like some opinions from you all on this. What do you think....would that be a good move. I OC a bit, but, love extreme quality-WS has better capacitors etc. and am all about options/expandability.
Thanks, any and all opinions sincerely welcome and will be read......kind of on a self imposed timeline on this; getting anxious.
1 REPLY 1

davemon50
Level 11
I love questions like these. 🙂 I have been using my RVE10 for a couple years now and I love the board. It has everything I need for my gaming and production, tons of features and usability, plus lots of connectivity which I make use of, and supports an M.2. I always look for an opportunity to upgrade. However the only reason I would do it today would be to upgrade to a newer Intel i9 CPU and to make use of the newer GPU's out there too. I haven't had any single compelling reason to make those upgrades yet however, simply because of the great performance I get out of this board. That said, I don't see your suggestion above as an upgrade but closer to a parallel move. If you were to change, why not upgrade to next generation and get off the X99 platform and go to X299?
Davemon50