cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG349 Bad uniformity....

greenmox874
Level 7
I have just received my copy of PG349 yesterday, but the grey uniformity was bad.

There is a dark zone of 1cm thick across the entire top part of the panel. I have contacted the local Asus service team for help, and a picture was sent to them for further analysis, no feedback atm. I don't know whether this is consider as "normal" or not, but I am surprised by the uniformity of a monitor at such a price.

1 REPLY 1

Zeroed85
Level 8
Kind of hard to see in the picture. Is it a thin band that spans the length of the screen at the top of the screen? That might be "band flicker" that was complained about on the PG348Q. I brought my first PG349Q about three weeks ago and the screen was particularly darker on the right side (the whole right side, top to bottom), grays and whites were slightly yellowed compared to the left side of the screen. I had it replaced and the while the new one is a bit better I now believe it is a viewing angle (extra curve possibly) or screen coating/glare issue causing the the inconsistent uniformity rather than a panel back light issue more commonly associated with panel uniformity. Do you notice this in other than plain gray backgrounds? Games? Desktop backgrounds? Movies?