cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with UEFI BIOS 7106 for CH6 Hero

usernameistoosh
Level 9
Can't use mouse in BIOS and startup doesn't recognize DEL/F2 input to get into BIOS using a Corsair K63 keyboard. Incidentally, the Scroll Lock light keeps flashing. Have to use a separate keyboard to get into BIOS, but once in the K63 does work.

How the **** do you mess up no mouse support in your BIOS? Does ASUS support not have mice? Get your **** together, ASUS. You're supposed to be a world-class leader in MOBOs.

So shameful that you remove mouse support from your BIOS. How does that even ****ing happen???
93 REPLIES 93

XxTripleBeamxX
Level 7
Same problem here, I had to use my arrow keys on my keyboard to navigate and change settings in BIOS but am unable to change my fan speeds as that part of BIOS has to have mouse support.

User_od
Level 8
Quite a few people has reported the same problem over on overclock.net as well.

Hopefully Asus will issue a fix soon.

ROGod wrote:
Quite a few people has reported the same problem over on overclock.net as well.

Hopefully Asus will issue a fix soon.

The words Asus and soon most of the time don't go well together lol. Will they provide a fix? Yes, it'll be another BIOS update. When is the question we're all waiting for.

Both my corsair mouse and keyboard don't work with this new bios.

They work in Windows fine just not in the BIOS.

Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard similar to this https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/RGB-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/k...

and

Corsair Sabre RGB Mouse https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Mice/MOBA-Strategy-%26-Action-Mice/Sabre-RG...

Looking forward to a fix ASUS 🙂

Falck
Level 10
I've read from 1usmus that to fully support Zen 2 we need AGESA 1.0.0.3AB, so maybe 7106 is just at temp/beta?

Got same issues on 7106 also. And had a hard time booting to OS, got regulary A2 faults...

Hinkan
Level 7
Got the same problem, but with Corsair K68 and on B450-F board with 2406-bios, so it´s on serveral motherboards.

skellattarr
Level 10
I'm glad all you guy's try the new bios and hardware first all I have to do is read then I know when it's safe lol
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

iyashike
Level 7
Also stuck with no mouse on BIOS after flashing version 7106.

I wonder if Asus engineers bloody tried flashing a few boards before uploading the BIOS on the website and screw*** all of us.

To add insult to injury l went from a dead silent PC to one l can hear the fans spinning.

iyashike wrote:
Also stuck with no mouse on BIOS after flashing version 7106.

I wonder if Asus engineers bloody tried flashing a few boards before uploading the BIOS on the website and screw*** all of us.

obviously not.

i updated and my friend did update his hero 6 too.
we both have different keyboards and mice.
on both systems the mouse does not work in the bios. on my system sometimes even the keyboard does not work.

if they would test a bios on only a few different system i guess they would have noticed this.

nobody can tell me that IF asus had a BETATESTER program that such an issue would go unnoticed.
it happens on WAY TOO MANY systems.

they just release this crap and let US play the betatester. i am sick of it...