cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX531GM - possible liquid damage

ItsDDDD
Level 7
Hi Guys, i purchased a GX531GM Back in May '19, and today i accidently tipped a drink over it, i cleaned and drained it up as quick as i could, shut it down straight away until it had dried, initially it looked like it had bit the dust, but 8 hours later it is working again now, albeit with messages flashing up about the last USB device connected to the computer failing.

My question is, what can i do with this laptop to help it out? i dont want to take the covers off and try and clean it as I assume this could void warraties, being a saturday evening, i cant contact the place i bought it from until monday, so any advice in the meantime until then would be greatly appreciated...
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
You should let it dry 3 days min before firing it up. Single drops still in precarious locations can fry something inside. Sometimes it seems ok but if you know you got liquid inside it's still best to wait. Run air across it if you can while it's drying. Keep it in a well ventilated location.
Davemon50

xeromist
Unless you purchased additional accidental damage coverage you won't be covered for liquid spills anyway. So no harm in opening it up or taking it to an independent shop to have them check it out.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…